PING Vinny

Email me: snipped-for-privacy@bdhi.ath.cx
I have got some information about a good free news server you may be interested in.

--
Black Dragon

Hear about the...
vinny wrote:

okie dokie
--
Black Dragon

They ought to make butt-flavored cat food.
Black Dragon wrote:

Me too, and here it is:
http://usenet4all.se / <q> Information No more google groups posts on this server. If you want to read postings from google then use google. </q>
http://news.motzarella.org /
194.177.96.26 <--- no user/pass required
--
http://improve-usenet.org

sittingduck wrote:

[...]
I got rid of my google groups filters a while ago. If somebody doesn't want to read posts from google, they should leave Usenet.
--
Black Dragon

Hear about...
Black Dragon wrote:

LOL!! You are one weird dude.
--
http://improve-usenet.org

sittingduck wrote:

usenet4all.se
You're promoting censorship on Usenet by recommending that server and calling *ME* weird?
The laugh is on you, man.
--
Black Dragon

CHRISTMAS:
Black Dragon wrote:

I wondered how long it would take you to get around to crying "censorship". I'm surprised it took this long.
--
http://improve-usenet.org

sittingduck wrote:

I'm simply calling it what it is.
What a person filters on the client side is entirely their own prerogative.
To run a server that blocks all the posts from a another news server effectively banning the words of thousands of people for no given reason is censorship by its very definition.
But hey, their server, their rules. <shrug>
I'm quite disappointed to see someone I respect promoting censorship though.
--
Black Dragon

Due to a mixup in urology, orange juice will not be served this morning.
Black Dragon wrote:

If they were the only server anyone could use, you *might* have a point. Also, I can't bring myself to think of a server-side filter as "censorship". Maybe if they did it without disclosing the fact (very clearly, too) you could take issue. I'm sure there are people with shit NNTP clients that wouldn't mind having someone filter the source of enormous amounts of spam, and a 4all provides that.
--
http://improve-usenet.org

vinny wrote:

Luckily, there are plenty of servers that do not filter anything. So the complaining about those that do seems pretty silly, no? If you are really that worried about it, set up Newsplex or Hamster, and pull from a dozen or more servers, then you'll be sure to never miss anything.
If you are so worried about censorship, why don't you look into how the US government and the corporate media are controlling what you see in the news? There's a FAR more worthy cause than railing against some obscure news server that has decided they are sick of spam from google groups....
http://www.truthout.org/article/wholl-unplug-big-media-stay-tuned
--
http://improve-usenet.org

Im not railing against anything.? I am simply condemning censorship on the last free speach frontier...Usenet.
vinny wrote:

Fair enough, but I still think your worry is superfluous.
--
http://improve-usenet.org

I agree they are simply blocking googles

vinny wrote:

If you were truly concerned, tell me why you are using a server that HEAVILY filters Usenet? Shouldn't you be using an "uncensored" server? Aioe uses NoCeM. http://www.cm.org/faq.html Part I -- About the NoCeM concept itself. Q: What is NoCeM?
A: NoCeM (pronounced No See 'Em) may well be:
* A solution to the spam problem. * A solution to the spam-cancel problem. * A way to "edit" Usenet if that's what you want. * A way to have others "edit" Usenet for you, if that's what you want. * A way to have no one alter what you see on Usenet, (to the degree that this is possible.)
--
http://improve-usenet.org

Black Dragon wrote:

I prefer scoring, but do have a couple of entries in the KF. Perhaps you should throw the party, I'm not the one whining about the "legitimate" google posts being "censored". WTF does ANY of usenet have that is all that important anyway?

No, it's not wrong. It is simply a choice. Some choose to bathe in drivel, others may choose not to. 4all gives people a simple way to eliminate a huge amount of it.
--
http://improve-usenet.org

sittingduck wrote:

No matter how much you try to spin it it's censorship and it's wrong. If they're that concerned with spam, they can use the newly revived NoCeM's.
--
Black Dragon

The Army is a place where you get up early in the morning to be yelled

Blogspot is also practicing censorship because of how they do business. If they get enough complaints about a blog they just shut it down without investigating first. At Blogspot youre guilty until you prove yourself innocent. They never communicate with the owner of the blog either before they shut it down or after they restore it and I bet it can happen over and over.
Read this:
http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/2006/09/failure-to-communicate.html
Hell of a way to run a business. I hope someone major springs up who doesnt practice censorship and takes Blogspots opportunity away.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.baywords.com /

Didn't you just get done claiming that there was no communication from blogspot whatsoever?
jon_banquer wrote:

I don't know what to say about the blogosphere. I have not and don't think I will ever partake in what I believe is a mere fad. Usenet pre-dates the Internet and I suspect it will persevere and post-date the Internet as we know it today. Sorry.
--
Black Dragon

You are a tower of strength in the office, but only so-so in bed.
jon_banquer wrote:

Have two machines configured with RAID, a workstation and a server.

What are you looking for from RAID? Performance? Redundancy? Combination of both? Desktop or server application? How much money you willing to spend? Are you able to build your own systems from scratch?
--
Black Dragon

"Where'd she get those crow's feet?"