PING Vinny


Is your RAID built into the motherboard or on a PCI card? Is setting up a RAID array a lot like setting up a BIOS? Looks similar to my untrained eye.

1. Redundancy.
2. Right now when I moved large chunks of data between my internal SATA drives I really can't do anything else like watch CAM training videos because the video and audio drop out to the point of being very annoying. Not sure what causes this.

Maybe both. I'd like to have my blog on my own server.

Not sure but I get paid well. :>)

Yes but I'm no expert. IOW when I go to Fry's Electronics I have no idea how to determine which power supply I really need and what spec is important. I also have no idea how to determine what the real world gains are on the latest processors. Same goes for bus speed. I do know I'm not happy with the performance of my desktop when I try and multi- task but I'm not sure where the bottleneck is.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Black Dragon wrote:

If filtering is "censorship" then NoCeM is what? You should be complaining about ALL server-side filtering if you want to retain any kind of consistency with your argument.
--
http://improve-usenet.org

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
sittingduck wrote:

usenet4all isn't filtering. They aliased out (configured their servers to reject posts which originated from google based on the path header and requested their peers not send them the same) google groups in the name of spam effectively censoring ALL google groups users. It's not a filter, it's a simple configuration option. A very heavy handed one.

They're server, their rules, nothing I say is going to convince them to change their pathetic policies, all I can hope is that maybe there is a slim chance they'll consider the lesser of two evils. Kind of like voting for a talking head, erm, I mean President this fall. And I speak with my wallet, Altopia (alt.net) doesn't do any filtering all unless specifically configured by the user at login. I refuse to use any news provider which practices censorship.
The simple fact of the matter is you're the one recommending the use of censoring cesspools for news servers and I'm speaking out against them.
HAND
--
Black Dragon

College is like a woman -- you work so hard to get in, and nine months
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Can I email you? I'm feeling so fragile and lonely.
Plus, I have some information for you. Well, more like a request....
--
------
Mr. P.V.'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
vinny wrote:

Check your mail. I replied, again, from work.
--
Black Dragon

Most plain girls are virtuous because of the scarcity of opportunity
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Gunner Asch wrote:

A Florida cracker is a cowboy or rancher who raised cattle.
--
You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense!

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 03 May 2009 22:04:41 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Not Kellog or Nabisco or Kraft or any of the others?
Coming from a Leftwinger..I figured they were thinking food. They always think about food, drugs or worship of a secular figure smarter then them who knows how to play on their desires.
Gunner
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 03 May 2009 22:04:18 -0700, Gunner Asch

You do realize that you meet that definition?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Gunner Asch wrote:

The nickname came from the sound of the whips they used to herd the cattle.

--
You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense!

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 04 May 2009 02:53:38 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Really? Its not from the sound the whips made when the Leftards were doing their sadomaschochist thing?

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Gunner Asch wrote:

The term has been around over 100 years. It is part of Florida history, before there were many people, or much government.
--
You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense!

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.