Flushing Follies

BottleBob wrote:

Well, it's not for everyone.... If you ever delve deeper into Usenet and want a program that lets you get the most out of it, you will know what to use. I commend you for giving it a shot though, most people are too lazy to even try. :) If we don't try new things once in a while, we miss many opportunities.
--
http://improve-usenet.org
No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and

So you have mikes that also act as cutting tools?
Chuckle...
Try Agent. Want me to send you a cracked version?
Gunner
Gunner Asch wrote:

Gunner:
    That's a poor analogy, since there are programs in existence that do both E-mail % Newsgroups. I'm not aware of any micrometer that can double as a cutting tool.

    You seem to be very easily amused.

    Why would I want a cracked version of ANYTHING, let alone Agent which has a FREE version. In fact Free Agent is on my desktop from trying it a couple of years ago - I didn't like it.
    Want me to send you a link to Thunderbird so your can streamline your online access with a program that is able to do mail AND newsgroups?
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

Agent is pretty poor. It seems to appeal to trolls and wackos though, a good portion of them seem to use it.
--
http://improve-usenet.org
No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and

1.93? If not...shrug...you dont have the best version.

Why..and have the same problems you have?
Btw...the cracked version I have has both Usenet and Email...<G>
But hey..if you dont like it...shrug.
1.93 was the last version of Agent that worked properly without muss or fuss.
Gunner
Gunner Asch wrote:

Gunner:
    Clicking on my shortcut for Free Agent, I get:
Version 1.93

    That's pretty much the bottom line. If things change, it's there.     Thanks for the suggestion of Agent though.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I don't know BB. It's really hard to accidently send an email with Xnews. In fact, looking at the Xnews page right now, I don't see a way to email this reply.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

Alphonso wrote:

It's actually easy to email a message via Xnews, but very difficult to do it accidentally. :)
--
http://improve-usenet.org
No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and
Alphonso wrote:

Alphonso:
    Are you telling me that Xnews doesn't do E-mail? That would certainly be a downer. T-Bird does both and it's simple & convenient to switch back and forth. (hence my little boo-boo).     I also occasionally post a reply to a group AND send the same reply to an individual. So you're saying I'll lose that ability with Xnews?          But like I told Duck, I'll check it out and see if it's for me.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

No, you will not lose that.
--
http://improve-usenet.org
No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and
BottleBob wrote:

Yea, same thing has happened to me a few times.. The best was there was a clog in the line between the outside cleanout and the toilet.. My snake couldn't reach it from either end.. Ended up renting one of the power snakes from Home Depot and that worked great. Ended up being one of my son's toy's he got from a happy meal.. IIRC it was a figure from 'The Incredibles' oh, and of course he didn't do it.. I think the final words were, I put it in the toilet but my sister flushed it.. lol