how to hold .0001 tir on cheap lathe chuck

Dykem!!!

I bore the jaws, using what Iv'e learned so far and achieve .0003-.0004 tir.

Then using dykem, I paint away, before ya know it im at 0.0001 tir repeating all day long.

I know, for 200 grand I wouldn't have to do that, but we all can't work for the government.

Reply to
vinny

Are you using Dykem as a shim of sorts?

Wes

Reply to
clutch

yep

The intersting thing about dykem most folks dont know is the blue dykem is an insalator, the red not so much. So if your edm'ing or wire edm'ing down a sidewall you dont want to spark off on use blue on the wall. To see if your hitting...use red dykem.

Reply to
vinny

white dykem or shoe polish for trodes? EDM guys get pissed if not cleaned off :-)

Reply to
cncmillgil

white dykem or shoe polish for trodes? EDM guys get pissed if not cleaned off :-)

&*****white dykem....interesting. Never seen that before.
Reply to
vinny