Interesting topics about CNC lathes?

I have to complete a little "research" about CNC lathes. Do you have suggestions on what to look at, something to read
about this topic?
Thanks.

One of the suggested topic was the feedback system of the machines. However it seems like to be overrated to me, everyone is gonna do that aspect.

History looks like to be interesting, but i have to focus on how they work, unfortunately.
Thanks for the answer.

I'd maybe do a piece on the curvic coupling, starting out with a little background on it's inventor, and including several of it's important industrial uses one of which being the extremely accurate indexing of lathe turrets that many take for granted today.
http://www.americanprecision.org/exhibits/machine-tool-hall-of-fame/74-hall-of-fame/181-james-gleason