mastercam post

for school project I have to make post for mori seiki lathe (very old) fanuc 3T-model D. All X is - (minus). Can be for mastercam v9, X orX2
post only for turning no mill
-------------> Z+ l l l l \/ X+
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 20, 5:56 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Show us how you do it, please!
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:56:37 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Lemme look, I used to have one for the old Yasnac SL1's. 2000G control or something like that.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:56:37 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yes, I have the old Yasnac post. All I did was modify an MPLFan.pst to designate a -X and I think you have to reverse the G02/G03 codes but don't remember. Just open the post processor file in any text editor and play with it. As I recall a lot of it is in regular english and tells you what the funny looking code lines are.....don't save it back under the original name though.
Add pictures here
✖

Thinking about this school project? What is the class? Mastercam programming, cnc programming, or something else?
I think it's hogwash. I'd rather see a class project of some use and people go off and do "parts" of the project. And a post is a good example. Make the post as a class, but assign individual things to people. Certain tasks.
For example: John smith, your responible for all feedrates for the whole post. Adam smith, your responsible for line numbers and the header. joe sixpack, your assigned all canned cycles. maybe they can actually get a feel for the stuff the program passes to the post.
Or I guess they can graduate and be managers that will say stupid shit like I wrote my own post in school.
teachers in this trade suck.
Add pictures here
✖