NC Programming

Is this list appropriate for general NC programming?

I have some questions regarding some codes, e.g. FGROUP. System is a Siemens SINUMERIK 840Di.

Chad

Reply to
chad.ccdrbrg

============== If every one is not busy arguing religion and politics we will accept a short comment or question on NC topics.

Be sure to have your B.S. detector active and set on high.

Unka George (George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations; even a democrat like myself must admit this. But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy, for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch," but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Thanks.

Any help would be much appreciated.

  1. What does FGROUP() do?

  1. What does G64 (continuous path mode) do differently than G1 X=# Y=#?

  2. A block containing only "F5000" sets the feed rate for following actions. How fast is 5000 (Given G70/71 for units).

  1. What does G94 inverse time feed rate mean? What is the difference between G93 and G94?

  2. Given G93, I have a block "F0.01535 A=IC(0.545438) X=1191.1482 B=16.19". How is F feed rate interpreted? I believe 0.01535 seconds to get to A, X, B in position.

  1. If I create a subprogram "subprogram.spf", how do I call it? How does the interpreter know where to find it? Can I start line numbers over (restart with N0010)?

  2. Do PROC's have to reside in the same file in which they are called. If not, how does the interpreter know where to find it?

Chad

Reply to
chad.ccdrbrg

'g93siemens' Regards Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I don't have my docs here, but I'll take a stab at some. I can't remember this one, but is probably a call for some type of syc between channels.

G64 is continuous path, meaning there is no feedrate reduction between blocks. G62 is continuous path with feedrate reduction (feedrate between blocks is specified in a parameter, set by the MTB) With G1 only, the machine will stop between each block, with G64, the control creates a continuous path without slowing down between blocks.

A single F call generally means you are programming in mm/min (in/min) and that is the feedrate you are setting. Either feedrate by mm/min is called as a startup condition by the MTB, or you have a G call for it earlier in the program.

I don't play with the 5 axis mills enough to be able to explain this, even though I have some idea of how it works, best for me to leave it to someone with more hands-on dealings.

This sounds right, but see above.

Up through the FM-NC, it was L...P... (L was prog num, P was repetitions) I'm thinking they changed this in the 840 though to CALL ProgName; and in the sub you would have a RETURN; to jump back....but I could be wrong...it's been a while and a dozen different other controllers since I have written one for an 840.

Reply to
Anthony

I'm curious, I gave up on AMC quite a while back. Not only was it 99% OT BS but the rest was guys insulting each other. Have things changed? I do remember you helping me and others out but most of the group had no use for wannabe CNC hobbyists.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

The newsgroup is dead, killed by Cliff and Gunner.

Ignoramus9135

ons

Can you re-phrase that as a question please?

Someone will have the answer.

(Amongst the Noise from Cliff, and previously Gunner, and Johnnie Bonkers )

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Hi, it's me; I've just started lurking, as per advice, and have been ignoring the same idiots I've been ignoring on r.c.m; so far I concur with what you've said, (I have to ignore or filter the same nincompoops), but I am starting to get a little worried about the pros disdaining hobbyists.

And this isn't for hobby machining; I'm hoping to eventually learn to do revenue-producing work, so there may be a small inner party of pros who want to shun interlopers, much like "medical transcription" or "document coding" and the like.

BTW, If you want to get some attitude from the pros, try the HVAC group! (I don't remember which hierarchy it's on, but why bother? ;-) )

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I once tried out for "Win Ben Stein's Money," and during the briefing, they said, "We give our answers in the form of an answer." ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Heh - I've just filtered a couple of the standard doofuses, and the "unread" count went from about 998 to 1. =:-O

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks, but I have no money to spend on private tutoring, which is why I was looking for online freebies. Karl's suggestion of compumachine.com seems promising. :-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It's now down to only 98%,

John

Reply to
John

When at the zoo, one might just as well tease the monkeys....

You should be fine as long you arent trying to build a router from bent aluminum scraps and plywood and then start asking about whether you can get away with using 3/4-10 threaded rod for a lead screw etc.

Been there done it.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT