Need Clausing 1501 Drive belt or info

Im getting ready to put my Clausing 1501 back in service, but need a drive belt..the Varidrive belt blew off shortly after I brought it home. Clausing wants $108 plus $15 shipping for a $35 belt. Anyone have any belt numbers or sizes that will fit properly? Also need either a copy, a photograph or? of the speed/feed charts...they of course are completly wiped out on my lathe

Thanks!

Gunner

snipped-for-privacy@lightspeed.net

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

A $35.00 belt is going to make for an incredibly loud lathe which due to excessive vibration will only be capable of producing work to rather crude tolerances.

--

Reply to
Uhh Clem

Really? Odd...OmniTurn belts are only $15 at most places such as bearing houses and what not.

So tell me the difference between a $108 belt and a $35 belt.

Im very interested as I do machine tool repair for a living.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch