PolyWorks 3D Aids Corvette Racing Team

Thought this article in the current issue of Desktop Engineering might interest Corvette owners and others.

"Pratt & Miller fine-tunes automotive performance and design using FARO gear and InnovMetric point cloud solution':

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

Is there anything specific you would like to discuss about this article?

Such as:

  1. The use of polygons first instead of going straight to NURBS?

  1. The fact that clay is used first and the body is not designed using CAD first?

  2. That the Corvette has become a decent sports car because GM doesn't do what they use to... race a little and get out?

  1. How what Pratt and Miller needs to be competitive ends up benefiting Corvette owners?

  2. The FACT that Pratt and Miller uses UG NX CAD and CAM?

Anything else I missed and you would like to discuss?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

jb,

Explain your #1 for us, please elaborate. I know the right answer but I would like to hear it from your unique perspective.

If you ever owned a Corvette you would know that they are simply money pits. Aluminum dual brake calipers with aluminum pistons, for example, every few months your rebuilding calipers if you drive anything more intense that just going to Grandma's house. How about the axle shafts and "multiple" ujoint rebuilds forever! That clicking sound coming from under the car, yep, if you had a Vette you will know what I am talking about.

I received a failed Polyworks scanning job, PW simply failed. I built the whole job in two days. ha, PW?? come on.

Reply to
Michael

Is there anything specific you would like to discuss about this article?

Such as:

  1. The use of polygons first instead of going straight to NURBS?

  1. The fact that clay is used first and the body is not designed using CAD first?

  2. That the Corvette has become a decent sports car because GM doesn't do what they use to... race a little and get out?

  1. How what Pratt and Miller needs to be competitive ends up benefiting Corvette owners?

  2. The FACT that Pratt and Miller uses UG NX CAD and CAM?

Anything else I missed and you would like to discuss?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

yep, don't dodge the question, I need your expertise. Tell me all about subd modeling, I am anxiously waiting.

[...]

jb, Why not admit you have no idea vs repost your copy & paste redundant questions that you can't answer?

If you can't explain something once is one thing but when you repost an invite over and over and still FAIL to answer the questions that YOU are asking, it just makes you look worse, if that is possible at this juncture. I see you have taken blobbing to a new level.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Is there anything specific you would like to discuss about this article?

Such as:

  1. The use of polygons first instead of going straight to NURBS?

  1. The fact that clay is used first and the body is not designed using CAD first?

  2. That the Corvette has become a decent sports car because GM doesn't do what they use to... race a little and get out?

  1. How what Pratt and Miller needs to be competitive ends up benefiting Corvette owners?

  2. The FACT that Pratt and Miller uses UG NX CAD and CAM?

Anything else I missed and you would like to discuss?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Michael, Jon made his decision awhile back, that it's better to be known as a lunatic who just copy/pastes the same thing over and over again, than it is to show everyone that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Over on CNCZone, Jon has no problem asking questions, admitting he's a clueless Mastercam beginner, or chatting with people about his cracked copy of Surfcam. But ONLY because he's posting as an alias.

The "Jon Banquer" persona is tired of being outed as a fraud time and time again, and has simply reverted to posting the same uninformed opinions over and over; without ever responding to, or conversing with people who'd like him to elaborate.

Reply to
Joe788

Is there anything specific you would like to discuss about this article?

Such as:

  1. The use of polygons first instead of going straight to NURBS?

  1. The fact that clay is used first and the body is not designed using CAD first?

  2. That the Corvette has become a decent sports car because GM doesn't do what they use to... race a little and get out?

  1. How what Pratt and Miller needs to be competitive ends up benefiting Corvette owners?

  2. The FACT that Pratt and Miller uses UG NX CAD and CAM?

Anything else I missed and you would like to discuss?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

.

Reply to
jon_banquer