Siemens PLM Software - modeling video...

Sorry for the Google account (I'm at work, no newsreader...)
Just to revise the previous digressing thread on: http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/campaigns/breakthrough /
Take a look at the non-native cad feature import stuff. VERY cool! I also like the new dragging feature mods that don't require explicit knowledge of the feature tree. As explained, it's great for someone taking over an existing project. Much of this will be great for us programmers who need to build fixtures or modify customer data.
I think this is very exciting!
-- Bill
I can't wait to get a demo. Then I'll be the expert and I can answer all the questions.
And, email me now and I can answer questions about any CAD subject and I have the answer to why Solidworks needs to spend more time with CAM.
Jon Banquer Oceanside, CA

It's beyond exciting!
See my newly published comments here:
http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/2008/04/blogged-live-ne.html#comments
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:53:06 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Jon,
Making a comment in the public comments section is not being "published".
Tom
More of my PUBLISHED comments here:
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID1988058&postID 44824533942540806
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Apr 22, 1:05pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

CLOSE ENOUGH I ALWAYS SAY.
Jon Banquer Oceanside, CA

The cynical point of view is that they're Microsofting CAD work. The computer is "smarter" than the user (just like Vista!) and making too many assumptions.
The other point of view is that it looks very cool. A significant move towards design software working "they way it should work" - all natural-like for us squishy emotional humans.
Slick. Thanks for posting the link. I'd be interested in knowing how much $$$, but I'm wary of phoning a sales drone and getting on some calling list (Solidworks is nasty for that!)
Regards,
Robin