[FREE] 3D Modeling Software

This is a good 3D CAD program from Google. Naturally, they want you to buy the Pro version eventually but for most modeling purposes,
this is quite good. Woodworking, modeling, layout design, home planning and landscaping are all a snap.
http://sketchup.google.com /
It should go without saying but I am not affiliated with Google or this software in any way. I just like it. Oh, and I like the price. -- Ray
I messed around with this a little the other evening, and it was a lot of fun. I didn't find out if or how it could be used for other than illustration purposes, but I'd think it might have potential if your were planning a scratchbuilding or kit bashing project.
dlm

Hmmm, I glanced at this when Ray first posted it and kind of forgot about it. But I'm in the beginning stages of a major layout rebuilding/expansion, and now that I've actually looked at it, I'm thinking it might be rather useful for benchwork planning and material estimating.
Thanks for the pointer, Ray!
Stevert
Dan Merkel wrote:

Does it count key clicks like the browser does?
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:49:21 -0500, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Yes, and your reply here just earned me 25c. Thanks and ka-ching! -- Ray

hehehe...