On30 Bachmman Tram

I just received a Bachmann On30 United Traction tram direct from the US. On using it, it shorted out my controller. Checking, the copper strips connecting the lights to the power truck run very close to the metal U frame of the motor. In my case, there waws no clearance. The solution was to put a small piece of insulating tape on the motor frame. Anyone else experienced similar problems to this? PS I couldn't believe how small the motor was in these!

Reply to
peterfelgate

Don't have any experience with the On30, but used to have two HO = Bachmann Brill trolleys which I purchased from a hobby shop here in = Toronto. It took over six months to get the second car -- the hobby = shop kept sending cars back to Bachmann because they were defective. At = best, the cars ran erratically on my layout. I have since replaced them = with Bowser HO Brill trolleys which I am extremely pleased with.

-- Roy

Reply to
Roy & Lynn Williams

No, mine (Christmas version) ran/runs perfectly straight out of the box. And quietly, too.

O scale Santas available from Model Power: #6057, four Santas in various poses and a sleigh, about $15Can. I placed one of them on the platform of the trolley. Way cool!

HTH

Reply to
Wolf K

Thanks. I've only tried the tram on an EZ Controller in DC mode which makes everything DC only buzzzzzzz, so I've no idea whether it is quiet or not!

Reply to
peterfelgate

I run the tram on a plain old DC powerpack. The EZ controller is not a DC device.

Reply to
Wolf K

Button 10 on the EZ Controller allows a single DC loco to be controlled. Other locos run fine (DC and DCC). On DC they all buzz to some extent. The tram shorted!.

Reply to
peterfelgate