Survey - Micrometer Vernier Usage

Your not alone dude, I carry a 4in dia lens only in my pocket most of the time, I estimate it gives 3x or so magnification and at a still fairly significant field.

Old eagle vision here also used to be able to rotate a tool in his fingers, seeing the slightest glint....

Nowadays no reason for us to look at it even-if it's there we already know, wipe off with a stone.

As long as I can still see the controller monitor its cool.

Reply to
Earwax museum

my

Brother Lightfoot

Don't remember what the doc called it, but he said surgery wouldn't help. Eyes don't focus at distance or close up. Fairly sharp focus from about 5 feet on out to about 30 feet. Some days the distance is a lot better, others, maybe 15 feet on bad days. Even with trifocals, reading ten thousandths on 6 inch scale is hit or miss. Can't stay focused long enough tell what I'm seeing. The cateracts create such a "starburst" at night, I'm not comfortable driving then. And differences in each eye cause a little vertical offset double vision in any light. Didn't realize there were so many cars equipped with 8 headlights and two rows of taillights. :>

Reply to
Alphonso

Keep in mind that technology changes very quickly. Stuff that was impossible five years ago is often commonplace today. If his opinion is three years old or more I'd check to find out if things have changed.

I'm now wearing trifocals and I hate them. I see much better up close taking my glasses off completely.... probably should get this checked. I spend a good part of the day with my Optivisor on. At least it goes well with the white lab coat I wear.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

jon_banquer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@x1g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

Uhh, this was at the end of February of this year.

Reply to
Alphonso

Not all doctors are the same...some actually dont follow up on new advances. Frankly..Id get a second opinion.

We live in a fantastic age of medical advances.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I'll make this as short as I can.

For years I suffered with sinus infections getting them every 3 or 4 weeks and the only way I could beat them was living on antibiotics and switching them constantly. I have six sinus surgeries that helped a little but didn't solve the problem. I finally took matters into my own hands out of desperation as the problem had destroying a good deal of my life. I read about a study being done at the Mayo Clinic in Snotsdale, Arizona. It took a few years but I finally found out what they used in the study to treat participants who weren't getting the placebo... it was an anti-fungal powder mixed with sterile water. I found a doctor who was involved in the study at the Mayo Clinic. Other ENT doctors had never heard of the study and were not interested in someone like me telling them about it and the treatment. This pompous and obnoxious asshole of a doctor wanted to get rich off of being involved in this study and he charged me $800 but I got to try the treatment (it was made by a compounding pharmacy) used in the study at the Mayo Clinic. Low and behold it worked. 7 years of pure hell ended for me when I figured out how to make the solution myself and get the anti-fungal powder in Mexico without a prescription. The anti-fungal powder is dirt-cheap and it lasts for years. The Mayo Clinic study used Amphotericin B but as I found out there are other anti-fungal powders that work just as well.

7 years of first hand experience has proven to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that no doctor will ever care for me like I can care for myself.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Now THAT is Funny!!

No wonder your "medication" never seems to work. Thanks for the laughs..

Reply to
Half-Nutz

Snotsdale????.....sinus infections?????........even when ya try to be serious.....you're still a doofus. :)

Barn

Reply to
barn_rubble

Non electronic

Electronic

I like digital. Ez to see, can set offset zero's. Mine are fairly new.

I'll grab a mechanical vernier and be happy too.

I prefer calculators to pencil and paper.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Standard or gage block stack?