See ya Friday night or Saturday...Off to LA

Had 2 clients and a buddy call today, all needing me to fix machines.

Off to L.A....see you all late Friday or Saturday.

Tootles!

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

ROTFLMAO.

Reply to
Deucalion

I wouldn't advertise that I was going until I got back.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com reported Elvis on Tue, 5 May 2009

16:20:18 -0700 (PDT) >> On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:31:14 -0700, Gunner Asch

It's a feint. Bwahahahaahahahaha. Ha!

pyotr

- pyotr filipivich. Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel, you find out it's a Government Project to build more tunnel.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Boy I can't wait for him to get back quickly. This is awful. ;-)

and its "toodles" not tootles

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas

No it IS "Tootles" after eating all that Mexican food.

Reply to
Buerste

If he didn't eat so much Mexican food, he wouldn't get that high gas mileage!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Think positive. Maybe Gunner will pay down his welfare costs and cease being a "useless eater."

Ha! Fat chance...

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

Think positive. Maybe Gunner will pay down his welfare costs and cease being a "useless eater."

Ha! Fat chance...

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

Think positive. Maybe Gunner will pay down his welfare costs and cease being a "useless eater."

Ha! Fat chance...

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

Gunner is probably laying atop the hill just outside his home. Having set up a tent of camoflauge material. Wearing a ghillie suit. Munching MRE, drinking out of GI canteens, and polishing the barrel of his Barrett .50 BMG, and scoping out the place with a 24x field spotting scope.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One can demonstrate the effect by breaking gummer's situation down to just a single element. Check out his still unpaid property tax bill from '92 for example

original bill was only about 200 bucks, which he could easily have paid out of his cigarette money, *if* if he'd been intelligent enough to do that. Instead, he just ignored the dunning (which must be constant), and now he owes over $1000 for that one year alone, most of it in interest. And because he's been doing that almost every year since, he doesn't actually own his home anymore, and has to live with the knowledge that the creditors might decide to kick him out of it anytime. Of course, all that's bad enough, but he wasn't satisfied to quit there. Instead he ensured that he'd never get out of his hole, by making a career out of wasting his days on Usenet, frequently hypocritically lecturing about economic issues, and recently BSing about how he's well positioned for his wet dream of TEOTWAWKI, partly because of his "free and clear" home!

Normally I'd have expected it to be worth more than the assessed value. But in gummer's case, the building is probably a wreck and the auction value might be the land price less the demolition/cleanup/sale costs. There has to be some reason the creditors haven't sold it out from under him.

He *has* outfoxed them in that they aren't going to get paid, and he's managed to spend a lot less than a decent person would on taxes and health care. Anyway, I expect that he was insolvent well before the medical expenses. Normally one's home is their single biggest asset, and paying a measly 200 bucks a year to maintain ownership would be a top priority. There had to be some serious issues in gummer's case if he's been ignoring that logic for decades. Hilariously, he lectured recently on the folly of credit card interest, as if what he's done makes waaaaay more sense!

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Why? Ive got a house full of family members...who remain within reach of heavy armament, plus the dogs.

Come visit..ya had best come friendly. Or make your last preps before visiting.

Shrug.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Shusssss!! You gonna ruin the party!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Hard to say. Some lenders will write-off the loss, others will hire attorneys to come after whatever they can get, however small the recovery will be, thinking that something recovered is better than nothing recovered. Hard to say.

From my own experience, I've seen debts that are 10 years old

*resurrected* by people who bought the debt for pennies on the dollar, hoping to reclaim more than they paid for the debt. So even if a debt goes unpaid for a long long time, and a person thinks they're in the free and clear, in some cases they're not.

In your case, at 57 years old, or somesuch, you might not be around to see this kind of thing happen, but I've seen it happen. In tight economic times when people are looking for cashflow, Legal Offices will sometimes buy this *bad debt* to generate income. Their take-home pay depends on it.

In your situation, nobody knows what will happen down the road.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas

In the mind of a welfare leech, this is thought of as being "well positioned".

Reply to
EskWIRED

Are you talking about the same place all these liens are filed against

or the imaginary place at the supposedly different address that you've claimed is free and clear?

All of his liens that we know about are held by governments. Which don't have the profit motive of private enterprise. I doubt that they'll kick him out anytime soon given that they're trying be considerate to victims of the recession. Not that gummy is one of those, since his problems go back at least 25 years and his personal economics have slid downhill even during boom times.

Given that he likely has no equity in that place, and a negative net worth, the risk is probably small.

Most likely his creditors will wait until both co-owners are dead, in the hope that the heirs will clear up the debt from their inheritance, thereby avoiding an auction. Man, are they in for a shock! :-) Too bad the Kern County voters don't have a say. They'd kick him out in a heartbeat if for no other reason than it might make him move his family of leeches to a different county.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Oh, sorry about that. How'd the drunken binge at whoopee town go?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Made a few dollars. Wound up with 4 very MINTY Bechler A10 screw machines. Late model, tooled up with all sorts of accessories and a big lot of collets, guides, parts, tooling and whatnot.

Need to sell them.

$1000 each too much for late model minty Bechlers?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

There goes that pesky Mocking bird who starts singing at

2 a.m. and continues till daylight!

Need a spot and a whoosh and all is gone.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn