See ya Friday night or Saturday...Off to LA

Had 2 clients and a buddy call today, all needing me to fix machines.
Off to L.A....see you all late Friday or Saturday.
Tootles!
Gunner
"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"
NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:31:14 -0700, Gunner Asch

ROTFLMAO.

I wouldn't advertise that I was going until I got back.
I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com reported Elvis on Tue, 5 May 2009 16:20:18 -0700 (PDT) in misc.survivalism:

    It's a feint. Bwahahahaahahahaha. Ha!
pyotr
- pyotr filipivich. Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel, you find out it's a Government Project to build more tunnel.
Gunner is probably laying atop the hill just outside his home. Having set up a tent of camoflauge material. Wearing a ghillie suit. Munching MRE, drinking out of GI canteens, and polishing the barrel of his Barrett .50 BMG, and scoping out the place with a 24x field spotting scope.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Shusssss!! You gonna ruin the party!
Gunner
Oh, sorry about that. How'd the drunken binge at whoopee town go?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Made a few dollars. Wound up with 4 very MINTY Bechler A10 screw machines. Late model, tooled up with all sorts of accessories and a big lot of collets, guides, parts, tooling and whatnot.
Need to sell them.
$1000 each too much for late model minty Bechlers?
Gunner
On Sat, 09 May 2009 18:37:40 -0700, Gunner Asch

Probably right, but that's not my bag. If you only need 25, it's a lot cheaper to buy the screws. ;-)
(Can they do Tamper Torx button head?)
I /finally/ got the smog passed on the C3500 - both factory cats later, which is basically an entire new exhaust system - OUCH. But I should be good for another 150K. Now the AC Compressor died, and it's been a bit warm around here....
Wish list: Oilless Recovery machine, one or two 30# or 50# recovery cylinders, two stage oil-ballast vacuum pump.
I've found decent deals new for all of the above, and don't mind paying for known good used.
Can't just vent - I have a refrigerant license, therefore I am "Supposed to know better." And the fine schedule starts at $10K...
I avoid pawn shops for power tools, you overpay for stuff on it's last legs, because the pawnbroker over-loans and wants to get the money back.
On Sat, 09 May 2009 22:53:19 -0700, Bruce L. Bergman

I wish you had said something early last month. Buddy of mine shut his automobile service shop down and sold all the tooling. I think he got $300 for his 2 yr old recovery machine.
Shrug. Ill keep my eyes open for you.
Gunner
Maybe the guy who bought the recovery machine is doing service work?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Remember the "Give a man a fish..." parable? Fits Air Conditioning, too. (With a big enough mallet, naturally.)
I know how to fish, I have a rod and reel and a few lures (manifolds and hand tools) and plenty of bait (refrigerant).
I have the Fishing License that proves I know when to keep 'em and when to throw 'em back, and that lets me buy more bait.
But to do it right (and keep the Game Warden from the EPA off my ass) I really need to have the rest of the "required" stuff in the tackle box, and it isn't cheap. There are silly rules about disposing of your used bait, and if you can't show them the container you put it in for storage you are presumed guilty.
I could buy my fish, but all the Professional Fishermen around here I've approached seem to think their fish is platinum plated and they charge like it. (Look at the raw snarkiness when they crosspost from alt.hvac)
So I'd rather take the big hit once stocking my tackle box, than die the death of a thousand cuts paying someone else every time.
If you know any honest Pro Fishermen, I'd love to know about it.
--<< Bruce >>--
I have no clue if that's a good price. But maybe with minty fresh breath, they will sell better? Low mileage, also? One owner?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 5 May 2009 16:20:18 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Why? Ive got a house full of family members...who remain within reach of heavy armament, plus the dogs.
Come visit..ya had best come friendly. Or make your last preps before visiting.
Shrug.
Gunner
Got any just not unpacked yet - rats - Ganesh Cyclone-25/32 CS 7 Axis Dual Spindle CNC Turning Center ?
Figured not. Such is life.
Martin
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 09 May 2009 21:51:34 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"

Ill check locally if need be. I know the Ganesh guys.
Need some very late model Bechler A10s?
Actually VERY nice machines. Best Ive ever seen of this type.
Gunner

I don't but I'd like to hear of a CNC some time.
I'd love to have a Ganesh but one can only dream. I saw a great video on one cutting and it was a nice box.
Martin
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 10 May 2009 21:42:38 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"

I can get you an Omniturn for about $10k, in rather good condition.