See ya Friday night or Saturday...Off to LA

Got any just not unpacked yet - rats - Ganesh Cyclone-25/32 CS 7 Axis Dual Spindle CNC Turning Center ?

Figured not. Such is life.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Ill check locally if need be. I know the Ganesh guys.

Need some very late model Bechler A10s?

Actually VERY nice machines. Best Ive ever seen of this type.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Probably right, but that's not my bag. If you only need 25, it's a lot cheaper to buy the screws. ;-)

(Can they do Tamper Torx button head?)

I /finally/ got the smog passed on the C3500 - both factory cats later, which is basically an entire new exhaust system - OUCH. But I should be good for another 150K. Now the AC Compressor died, and it's been a bit warm around here....

Wish list: Oilless Recovery machine, one or two 30# or 50# recovery cylinders, two stage oil-ballast vacuum pump.

I've found decent deals new for all of the above, and don't mind paying for known good used.

Can't just vent - I have a refrigerant license, therefore I am "Supposed to know better." And the fine schedule starts at $10K...

I avoid pawn shops for power tools, you overpay for stuff on it's last legs, because the pawnbroker over-loans and wants to get the money back.

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I wish you had said something early last month. Buddy of mine shut his automobile service shop down and sold all the tooling. I think he got $300 for his 2 yr old recovery machine.

Shrug. Ill keep my eyes open for you.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I didn't know your situation. I've had offers from my very own rec.radio admirer to come knock on the door and talk to the missus. There were also veiled threats of "bricks through windows, slashed tires, and terrorized wives."

So she keeps her 357 handy and I don't advertize when I'm gone.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

I have no clue if that's a good price. But maybe with minty fresh breath, they will sell better? Low mileage, also? One owner?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

For one or two units, it may be cheaper to take it to a shop? Try jumping out the cut outs. Sometimes the low pressure or high pressure cut outs go bad.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe the guy who bought the recovery machine is doing service work?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My situation is simple. I have my ex, my son and his wife and their two kids living in my home, along with the 3 inside dogs and the 4 outside dogs, living there, while Im gone. And "several" firearms.

When Im home, it adds another adult and 2 more dogs. And several more firearms.

All in a very small redneck town out in the middle of the desert.

Shrug

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Well, you've got the Beverly Hillbillies beat. This will be two weeks running that you have a wife. Did you drop that liberal piece of ass yet or is she helping you get food stamps?

You brought someone home with you?

They might be able to grow a little if you started paying your property taxes.

Snicker

wants to quit?"

to new SF candidates

Reply to
Deucalion

Sounds like where they filmed 'Tremors' ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And Attack of the Killer Tomatos....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I heard that they made great spaghetti sauce of of those Killer tomatoes, though. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Scott

And Eight Legged Freaks?

itsy bitsy spider......

Reply to
John Husvar

Remember the "Give a man a fish..." parable? Fits Air Conditioning, too. (With a big enough mallet, naturally.)

I know how to fish, I have a rod and reel and a few lures (manifolds and hand tools) and plenty of bait (refrigerant).

I have the Fishing License that proves I know when to keep 'em and when to throw 'em back, and that lets me buy more bait.

But to do it right (and keep the Game Warden from the EPA off my ass) I really need to have the rest of the "required" stuff in the tackle box, and it isn't cheap. There are silly rules about disposing of your used bait, and if you can't show them the container you put it in for storage you are presumed guilty.

I could buy my fish, but all the Professional Fishermen around here I've approached seem to think their fish is platinum plated and they charge like it. (Look at the raw snarkiness when they crosspost from alt.hvac)

So I'd rather take the big hit once stocking my tackle box, than die the death of a thousand cuts paying someone else every time.

If you know any honest Pro Fishermen, I'd love to know about it.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I don't but I'd like to hear of a CNC some time.

I'd love to have a Ganesh but one can only dream. I saw a great video on one cutting and it was a nice box.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I can get you an Omniturn for about $10k, in rather good condition.

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Looks like one would do what I'd generally want. Smallish. Small custom parts.

But for now, I'll have to get my business built up better first.

Mart> >

wants to quit?"

speech to new SF candidates

Reply to