See ya Friday night or Saturday...Off to LA

Looks like one would do what I'd generally want. Smallish. Small custom parts.
But for now, I'll have to get my business built up better first.
Martin
Gunner Asch wrote:

I didn't know your situation. I've had offers from my very own rec.radio admirer to come knock on the door and talk to the missus. There were also veiled threats of "bricks through windows, slashed tires, and terrorized wives."
So she keeps her 357 handy and I don't advertize when I'm gone.
On Sun, 10 May 2009 05:08:16 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

My situation is simple. I have my ex, my son and his wife and their two kids living in my home, along with the 3 inside dogs and the 4 outside dogs, living there, while Im gone. And "several" firearms.
When Im home, it adds another adult and 2 more dogs. And several more firearms.
All in a very small redneck town out in the middle of the desert.
Shrug
Gunner
"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"
NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
On Sun, 10 May 2009 11:55:24 -0700, Gunner Asch

Well, you've got the Beverly Hillbillies beat. This will be two weeks running that you have a wife. Did you drop that liberal piece of ass yet or is she helping you get food stamps?

You brought someone home with you?

They might be able to grow a little if you started paying your property taxes.

Snicker
Gunner Asch wrote:

Sounds like where they filmed 'Tremors' ;-)

On Sun, 10 May 2009 15:54:29 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

And Attack of the Killer Tomatos....
<G>
Gunner
Gunner Asch wrote:

I heard that they made great spaghetti sauce of of those Killer tomatoes, though. ;-)

http://www.venganza.org/

And Eight Legged Freaks?
itsy bitsy spider......

On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:31:14 -0700, Gunner Asch

Boy I can't wait for him to get back quickly. This is awful. ;-)
and its "toodles" not tootles
Nick

No it IS "Tootles" after eating all that Mexican food.
Buerste wrote:

If he didn't eat so much Mexican food, he wouldn't get that high gas mileage!

On Tue, 05 May 2009 20:47:41 -0500, Nicholas wrote:

Think positive. Maybe Gunner will pay down his welfare costs and cease being a "useless eater."
Ha! Fat chance...
--
Regards, Curly
On Tue, 05 May 2009 20:47:41 -0500, Nicholas wrote:

Think positive. Maybe Gunner will pay down his welfare costs and cease being a "useless eater."
Ha! Fat chance...
--
Regards, Curly
On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:36:02 -0500, Nicholas

One can demonstrate the effect by breaking gummer's situation down to just a single element. Check out his still unpaid property tax bill from '92 for example http://www.kcttc.co.kern.ca.us/payment/BillDetails.aspx?NUMBER 8040038002. The original bill was only about 200 bucks, which he could easily have paid out of his cigarette money, *if* if he'd been intelligent enough to do that. Instead, he just ignored the dunning (which must be constant), and now he owes over $1000 for that one year alone, most of it in interest. And because he's been doing that almost every year since, he doesn't actually own his home anymore, and has to live with the knowledge that the creditors might decide to kick him out of it anytime. Of course, all that's bad enough, but he wasn't satisfied to quit there. Instead he ensured that he'd never get out of his hole, by making a career out of wasting his days on Usenet, frequently hypocritically lecturing about economic issues, and recently BSing about how he's well positioned for his wet dream of TEOTWAWKI, partly because of his "free and clear" home!

Normally I'd have expected it to be worth more than the assessed value. But in gummer's case, the building is probably a wreck and the auction value might be the land price less the demolition/cleanup/sale costs. There has to be some reason the creditors haven't sold it out from under him.

He *has* outfoxed them in that they aren't going to get paid, and he's managed to spend a lot less than a decent person would on taxes and health care. Anyway, I expect that he was insolvent well before the medical expenses. Normally one's home is their single biggest asset, and paying a measly 200 bucks a year to maintain ownership would be a top priority. There had to be some serious issues in gummer's case if he's been ignoring that logic for decades. Hilariously, he lectured recently on the folly of credit card interest, as if what he's done makes waaaaay more sense!
Wayne
On Sat, 09 May 2009 06:30:09 -0700, Gunner Asch

Hard to say. Some lenders will write-off the loss, others will hire attorneys to come after whatever they can get, however small the recovery will be, thinking that something recovered is better than nothing recovered. Hard to say.
From my own experience, I've seen debts that are 10 years old *resurrected* by people who bought the debt for pennies on the dollar, hoping to reclaim more than they paid for the debt. So even if a debt goes unpaid for a long long time, and a person thinks they're in the free and clear, in some cases they're not.
In your case, at 57 years old, or somesuch, you might not be around to see this kind of thing happen, but I've seen it happen. In tight economic times when people are looking for cashflow, Legal Offices will sometimes buy this *bad debt* to generate income. Their take-home pay depends on it.
In your situation, nobody knows what will happen down the road.
Nick
On Sat, 09 May 2009 09:00:13 -0500, Nicholas

Are you talking about the same place all these liens are filed against http://tinyurl.com/d7hkkp , or the imaginary place at the supposedly different address that you've claimed is free and clear?

All of his liens that we know about are held by governments. Which don't have the profit motive of private enterprise. I doubt that they'll kick him out anytime soon given that they're trying be considerate to victims of the recession. Not that gummy is one of those, since his problems go back at least 25 years and his personal economics have slid downhill even during boom times.

Given that he likely has no equity in that place, and a negative net worth, the risk is probably small.

Most likely his creditors will wait until both co-owners are dead, in the hope that the heirs will clear up the debt from their inheritance, thereby avoiding an auction. Man, are they in for a shock! :-) Too bad the Kern County voters don't have a say. They'd kick him out in a heartbeat if for no other reason than it might make him move his family of leeches to a different county.
Wayne

In the mind of a welfare leech, this is thought of as being "well positioned".
--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.