The Pickens Plan

jon_banquer wrote:

But the allusion is there.

Wal-mart, et al. . . . .
--
ah

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:15:03 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer

Leave-it-to-our-beaver to buy the advertisement and not look any closer.

Jon, what exactly does the Boone Plan promote?
Hint: T. Boone Pickens Plan Promotes T. Boone Pickens interests.
http://richard-wilson.blogspot.com/2008/09/bp-capital-management-boone-pickens.html
Hint: Fossil natural gas is found in oil fields.
Hint: It is in his interests for energy to be produced domestically.
Tom
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 22:19:54 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Would you rather the money go to an American or to an Arab?
That Arab might want to buy gold and cars with the money OR he might want to buy guns and bombs, you never know. (till it's too late)
The problem with the PP is it's illegal to convert your car to CNG. You need to buy a new car that is made for CNG. Only Honda currently sells a CNG car. If you convert your car 1995 or newer to CNG you can be fined $10,000 a day by the EPA. It's a little fuzzier with 1994 and older, per the stuff I read.
The EPA also frowns upon people that convert their diesel to run on vegtable oil.
If you drive a 1976 Ford F-150 running on 6 of its 8 cylinders and pouring out black smoke they're fine with that. (I followed one of them a few weeks ago)
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Brewer doesn't know the difference, much like he doesn't understand why a roll back bar in a history based cad system is not an adequate tool no matter how much experience you have. Brewer really is that ignorant. On top of that Brewer is a liar and a loser who often talks out his rear and has no clues much like his mentor Cliff Huprich.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 06:31:05 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer

Wasn't the point Jon. The point was you were clueless that the "T. Boone Pickens Plan" is to sell T. Boone Pickens products.
[ Do we have to buy the parts from T. Bone?
[ Please be specific. What parts? ] - Jon Banquer-

I simply said you were experiencing beginner problems and suggested you post specifics about your issues where more experienced users can come forward to help you. And true to form you never posted any specifics because each time you do it shows your lack of a working knowledge of the software.

Lets hear some more about chaining JON......LOL.

I have repeatedly asked you to post proof and you still haven't been able to. I however have pointed out and posted a number of your lies Jon.
Tom

I don't disagree with being energy independent but that wasn't the point. The point was Jon being oblivious to Pickens selling his wares which is the "Pickens Plan".

It is not illegal to convert your car to CNG, it's illegal to install an aftermarket kit that hasn't been certified by the EPA.
The EPA's job is to insure devices that alter a cars fuel or emissions devises work. For the CNG crowd certification process is cost prohibitive. IMO certification is unnecessarily expensive due to the EPA bureaucratic idiocy but again that isn't the point.

EPA is a government agency, they frown on anyone who tries to circumvent them.

Don't know where you live but it's illegal here in California. It does still happen but not nearly as often as it did years ago. CHP & Police will pull'em over and ticket them and/or impound the car.
I saw something strange a month ago. I was driving down the street and thought I was passing through a DUI check point in the middle of the day. It was an emissions check point run just like a DUI check point!
Never seen anything like it, I didn't even know they existed. They had two cars up on a low (drive up) platform running on rollers with a test probe in each tail pipe. It was just like in a smog shop, same equipment only mobile.
Tom
On Nov 17, 1:31pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

<snip>
I don't care if he makes money off it.
The alternative isn't just an economic problem, it's a security problem. If we became energy independent, there would be much less of a need to involve ourselves in unpleasant places like the Middle East. If Darfur were home to the second largest oil reserves in the world instead of Baghdad, we'd have our unlucky soldiers in Darfur instead.

He should make money off it. There is nothing wrong with that. Should Pickens be given a monopoly or some huge unfair advantage... no.

Good luck getting an ignorant idiot like Brewer to understand this. He's proven he can't even figure out that a roll back bar in a history based modeler isn't an adequate tool.
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:29:03 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer

It's not National Security in the true sense of those words more accurately it's Economic Security.

I simply pointed out your complete lack of clues in the beginning of this thread that the "T. Boone Pickens Plan" is promoting the sale of T. Boone Pickens products, because you couldn't, wouldn't, can't see past the glossy advertisement.
So NOW you're jumping on the National SECURITY bandwagon, funny you didn't bring it up before. Moving the goal post again there Mr. Bonkers big surprise....LOL....
Ever heard the 70's OPEC oil embargo? Proof we shouldn't be dependant upon outsiders. What lessons did we (USA) learn from that embargo? NOTHING, we became even more dependant on cheep foreign oil.
During the OPEC oil embargo my Father converted his ride to LPG. I parked (and later sold) my 1967 Shelby GT500 and have driven fuel efficient models as my primary ride ever since.
IMO, we (USA) haven't been willing to pay the price to be energy independent of others. If we now take into consideration where our money is going and to whom as well as ALL the cost involved in keeping the oil flowing (Iraq wars, etc.) maybe enough of us are now willing to commit to doing what it takes to be energy independent which is in our long term economic interests to do so.

So now you're moving the goal posts again.....surprise, surprise, surprise!....LOL. You said you were having problems, you were a beginner experiencing beginner problems. I simply pointed out that you should post specifics to make your point and then more experienced users can come forward to help you. Much like your getting help recently with your beginner problems using MasterCAM.

HTH, Tom
On Nov 18, 12:22pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

<snip>
It's National Security and economic and national security are inextricably linked.
Oil is as much a necessity for conducting war as bullets.
Japan did Pearl Harbor because of our oil embargo.
The Germans stretched their southern flank thousands of miles in 1941 on the Eastern Front going for the Caucusus oil region and it gave rise to conditions that resulted in the siege of Stalingrad. The shortage of oil on the German side hampered their ability to conduct mobile operations, limiting the tactical superiority/technique of their armored forces.
In modern warfare, without oil, everything grinds to a halt. Tanks, ships and planes are useless if their fuel tanks are empty, soldiers lose their potency if they cannot be supplied, armies wither away if the economy backing them cannot re-quip them.
How does that relate to the Pickens Plan?
If, in the long run, we convert the internal energy infrastructure to wind/natural gas, it makes us stronger because:
1) in the event of war, the economy can still run despite the potential unavailability of foreign supplies 2) in the event of war, the oil we *do* produce domestically can be used for military purposes 3) we don't have to expend monetary and human capital in volatile places like Iraq to ensure the security of our energy supply
Energy independence is in every American's interest. I don't care if Pickens makes money off it. It's better than sending the money to Saudi Arabia, the country that largely finances Al Qaeda.
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:31:15 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

PA emmisions for a pre OBD2 car is check to see if all equip is in place and check to see if the gas cap seals. Emmission equip does not need to work, only needs to appear to be connected. A piss poor system at best.
About 10 years ago I spent alot of time writing letters and seeing my congressmen about PA's new emmission system they were trying to put in place. (IM240 system) They scrapped that after it was 1/2 started with a cost of several million to us taxpayers.
Philadelphia does use the IM240 test, up on rollers, although if you have an all wheel drive you're exempt . IIRC it was in the newspaper that hybrids get a failure notice, because the machine has no setting to test them.
Congressmen = someone with a free taxpayer provided car that never has worked on a car themselves, never worries about car service, and gets a new car whenever they want, (they wrote the law to let them get a new car) and they make all the laws about car service and repair.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.
On Nov 16, 10:19pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Details are irrelevant. Advertisements always have the final say, you know that!

Of course it is in his interest to promote his plan. What's wrong with making a buck (or a billion) off a good idea? Isn't it in America's best interest to use OUR natural resources to produce energy? His alternative is at least viable compared to Gore's "carbon credit" bullshit.
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:50:32 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@rise.zzn.com wrote:

Absolutely nothing.
Tom
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:50:32 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@rise.zzn.com wrote:

You know that, Jon missed it.
When asked if we need to buy from T. Bone Pickens Jon responded:
[ Have you read his plan? I don't remember anything specific about buying parts or even natural gas from his companies. ] - Jon Banquer -
Tom

go to Walmart. someone will probably be there at 10. .
DEFINTELY not boring You probably won't get through it in a day Maps are included.
PS do your ears hurt as much as mine after you come back?
shriek shriek
then go to Sugarloaf
http://www.sugarloafcrafts.com/festivals/gaith/october/
marika wrote:

I last shopped there in, oh, 2001.
Have since found space in this odyssey.

I can't remember my ears ever hurting.
Is this a sign of MS?

You ever climbed to the Summit?

Bought a sterling bracelet from there, once.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat, for, well, the Right Reasons(tm).
--
ah

I am not sure I doubt it
couldn't say. My menu guide sux so I have a really hard time figuring out what's on when
mk5000
"He pulled the boy closer. Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. You forget some things, don't you? Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget."--cormac mccarthy, the road

My Answers:
1. Yes 2. Yes