The Pickens Plan

You know that, Jon missed it.

When asked if we need to buy from T. Bone Pickens Jon responded:

[ Have you read his plan? I don't remember anything specific about buying parts or even natural gas from his companies. ] - Jon Banquer -

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

go to Walmart. someone will probably be there at 10. .

DEFINTELY not boring You probably won't get through it in a day Maps are included.

PS do your ears hurt as much as mine after you come back?

shriek shriek

then go to Sugarloaf

marika

Rationale, please...

Died-down?!?!!?

It has only just begun!

American's don't seem to care. EOF

Reply to
ah

I last shopped there in, oh, 2001.

Have since found space in this odyssey.

I can't remember my ears ever hurting.

Is this a sign of MS?

You ever climbed to the Summit?

Bought a sterling bracelet from there, once.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat, for, well, the Right Reasons(tm).

Reply to
ah

also please see above subject line, I know you haven't seen it

but I am saying the show starring Jason Lee "My Name is Earl" is briliant just because it is Jason Lee. Tons of slackers watch it I bet

New show with John Laroquette based on a famous chef's book seemed promising because it is being produced by Darren Star of Sex and the City. But it sucked

Lots of people will be watching the new Geena Davis I am president show. BUT IT STILL GOT CANCELLED. It was probably T Boone Pickens Like Slim better anyway

Anyway on one season finale of Earl, they got locked into Walmart New Years Eve of 1999, right before the Y2K crash and thought they were going to die

Ricola@@@

I am not sure I doubt it

couldn't say. My menu guide sux so I have a really hard time figuring out what's on when

mk5000

"He pulled the boy closer. Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. You forget some things, don't you? Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget."--cormac mccarthy, the road

Reply to
marika

The sound out of that 9-3 is just beautiful, Krister. Thank you for posting this link.

I own several SAAB's. One of my biggest regrets is I can't find a way to either replace or strengthen the 900 gearbox to handle the kind of horsepower that I can get the 900 engine to produce. For those that don't know, a 900 gearbox is very unique. It mounts underneath the engine. The engine is mounted backwards in the car (belts face the firewall). The clutch and flywheel are actually accessed from the front of the car!

I'm a good machinist and I'm good with CADCAM but I'm no expert with gears / gearboxes and I don't know how to go about making or modifying a 900 gearbox to handle serious horsepower. I also don't know of anyone else who has been able to figure this out, either.

It's really the only serious weak link in the SAAB 900.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

He's spent a lot of money and time offering up a solution to the problem. He's entitled to a return.

Agree.

They sure don't.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

So Jon, you're not an American?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

I don't care if he makes money off it.

The alternative isn't just an economic problem, it's a security problem. If we became energy independent, there would be much less of a need to involve ourselves in unpleasant places like the Middle East. If Darfur were home to the second largest oil reserves in the world instead of Baghdad, we'd have our unlucky soldiers in Darfur instead.

Reply to
kurgan

My Answers:

  1. Yes
  2. Yes
Reply to
kurgan

PA emmisions for a pre OBD2 car is check to see if all equip is in place and check to see if the gas cap seals. Emmission equip does not need to work, only needs to appear to be connected. A piss poor system at best.

About 10 years ago I spent alot of time writing letters and seeing my congressmen about PA's new emmission system they were trying to put in place. (IM240 system) They scrapped that after it was 1/2 started with a cost of several million to us taxpayers.

Philadelphia does use the IM240 test, up on rollers, although if you have an all wheel drive you're exempt . IIRC it was in the newspaper that hybrids get a failure notice, because the machine has no setting to test them.

Congressmen = someone with a free taxpayer provided car that never has worked on a car themselves, never worries about car service, and gets a new car whenever they want, (they wrote the law to let them get a new car) and they make all the laws about car service and repair.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

He should make money off it. There is nothing wrong with that. Should Pickens be given a monopoly or some huge unfair advantage... no.

Good luck getting an ignorant idiot like Brewer to understand this. He's proven he can't even figure out that a roll back bar in a history based modeler isn't an adequate tool.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

:) THANK YOU !!

Barn

Reply to
barn_rubble

It's not National Security in the true sense of those words more accurately it's Economic Security.

I simply pointed out your complete lack of clues in the beginning of this thread that the "T. Boone Pickens Plan" is promoting the sale of T. Boone Pickens products, because you couldn't, wouldn't, can't see past the glossy advertisement.

So NOW you're jumping on the National SECURITY bandwagon, funny you didn't bring it up before. Moving the goal post again there Mr. Bonkers big surprise....LOL....

Ever heard the 70's OPEC oil embargo? Proof we shouldn't be dependant upon outsiders. What lessons did we (USA) learn from that embargo? NOTHING, we became even more dependant on cheep foreign oil.

During the OPEC oil embargo my Father converted his ride to LPG. I parked (and later sold) my 1967 Shelby GT500 and have driven fuel efficient models as my primary ride ever since.

IMO, we (USA) haven't been willing to pay the price to be energy independent of others. If we now take into consideration where our money is going and to whom as well as ALL the cost involved in keeping the oil flowing (Iraq wars, etc.) maybe enough of us are now willing to commit to doing what it takes to be energy independent which is in our long term economic interests to do so.

So now you're moving the goal posts again.....surprise, surprise, surprise!....LOL. You said you were having problems, you were a beginner experiencing beginner problems. I simply pointed out that you should post specifics to make your point and then more experienced users can come forward to help you. Much like your getting help recently with your beginner problems using MasterCAM.

HTH, Tom

Reply to
brewertr

DUH!

brewertr

It's National Security and economic and national security are inextricably linked.

Oil is as much a necessity for conducting war as bullets.

Japan did Pearl Harbor because of our oil embargo.

The Germans stretched their southern flank thousands of miles in 1941 on the Eastern Front going for the Caucusus oil region and it gave rise to conditions that resulted in the siege of Stalingrad. The shortage of oil on the German side hampered their ability to conduct mobile operations, limiting the tactical superiority/technique of their armored forces.

In modern warfare, without oil, everything grinds to a halt. Tanks, ships and planes are useless if their fuel tanks are empty, soldiers lose their potency if they cannot be supplied, armies wither away if the economy backing them cannot re-quip them.

How does that relate to the Pickens Plan?

If, in the long run, we convert the internal energy infrastructure to wind/natural gas, it makes us stronger because:

1) in the event of war, the economy can still run despite the potential unavailability of foreign supplies 2) in the event of war, the oil we *do* produce domestically can be used for military purposes 3) we don't have to expend monetary and human capital in volatile places like Iraq to ensure the security of our energy supply

Energy independence is in every American's interest. I don't care if Pickens makes money off it. It's better than sending the money to Saudi Arabia, the country that largely finances Al Qaeda.

Reply to
kurgan

Shall we just toss all objectivity out the door?

The Chinese are quite pleased about this development.

Reply to
ah

No and I never suggested we should.

Why?