The Pickens Plan

Do you support it?
Have you signed his petition?
My Answers:
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
Now that oil prices are dropping like crazy I think it's more
important than ever to reduce our dependence on foreign oil.
Americans have become very complacent and lazy and I think the time to act on something like is now rather forgetting about what happened and waiting until the next crisis hits.
Maybe the first step to getting serious about this is requiring all our tractor-trailers to run on natural gas and putting the distribution system in to make this a reality?

Dear Mr Bonker
Now that You finally found an issue wich is related to Solidworks I'll chime in :-)
If I understand it right You pay about $2 for a gallon wich would make it 4.2 swedish crowns/liter. In Sweden we now pay about 11:-/liter wich would be roughly $5.23/gallon, (and I have about 38 miles to the office). I think that if You paid for the gas llike we do You wouldn't even be close to an economical crise.
// Krister

Dear Mr. Fever Blister,
If I lived in your country I would have tried to makes sure SAAB stayed independent and I would have tried to find a way to sell your excellent jets to more countries.
Did you protest this? No? Then your partly responsible.
Perhaps these mistakes are some of the reasons that your fuel prices are so high. Instead of high quality products from your county we now have crap from IKEA. I'd like to seem IKEA go broke because they sell complete crap almost all of it made in China and of chipboard.
IKEA probably uses SoildWorks to design their garbage.
If I lived in your country I'd be embarrassed that the SAAB Turbo 900 has an awesome body, suspension (Front is independent wishbone which is far better than what Mercedes, BMW, etc. were using at the time.) and an engine that is *easily* capable of producing 400 hp but unfortunately SAAB chose to use a Borg-Warner piece of crap gearbox that can't handle anything over 300hp and even then must be babied. The Borg-Warner automatic transmission used in the SAAB 900 is the worst piece of crap even conceived.
The SAAB 900 Turbo and SAAB 9000 are some of the best cars ever built! Your country blew it. For these mistakes you should have to pay $50 per gallon.
Don't even get me started on the potential the SAAB Sonett had.
http://www.vintagesaab.com/sonett /

Here's the ultimate SAAB...from 2002 ...and I beilive they tuned it to almost 900 hp a few yrs later
http://www.trollhattansaab.net/archives/2006/04/pikes_peak_2002.html
// Krister

The sound out of that 9-3 is just beautiful, Krister. Thank you for posting this link.
I own several SAAB's. One of my biggest regrets is I can't find a way to either replace or strengthen the 900 gearbox to handle the kind of horsepower that I can get the 900 engine to produce. For those that don't know, a 900 gearbox is very unique. It mounts underneath the engine. The engine is mounted backwards in the car (belts face the firewall). The clutch and flywheel are actually accessed from the front of the car!
I'm a good machinist and I'm good with CADCAM but I'm no expert with gears / gearboxes and I don't know how to go about making or modifying a 900 gearbox to handle serious horsepower. I also don't know of anyone else who has been able to figure this out, either.
It's really the only serious weak link in the SAAB 900.

:) THANK YOU !!
Barn
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:17:32 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
DUH!
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/duh
jon_banquer wrote:

It's proprietary.
He benefits most of all.

--
ah

Modify it rather than do nothing and think we don't need a plan like this.
jon_banquer wrote:

o.k.
What then?
--
ah

Implement it.
jon_banquer wrote:

Do we have to buy the parts from T. Bone?
--
ah

Please be specific. What parts?
Have you read his plan? I don't remember anything specific about buying parts or even natural gas from his companies.
http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan /
jon_banquer wrote:

He is in cahoots with GE wrt wind turbines; and, he is in charge of Mesa Petroleum, maybe the largest producer of natural gas in the Americas.
All sounds great, but I'd like to see him divest himself of these interests, first.
--
ah

I think he should get a share. Maybe a bigger share than others. Regardless of what he might or might not get something needs to be done. The problem is that now that this crisis has died down, American's don't seem to care or be motivated to get an energy plan in motion.
jon_banquer wrote:

Rationale, please...

Died-down?!?!!?
It has only just begun!

American's don't seem to care. EOF
--
ah

He's spent a lot of money and time offering up a solution to the problem. He's entitled to a return.

Agree.
They sure don't.
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:26:47 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer

So Jon, you're not an American?
Tom
jon_banquer wrote:

Shall we just toss all objectivity out the door?

The Chinese are quite pleased about this development.
--
ah

No and I never suggested we should.

Why?