WTB/Trade Nema 56 motor

My Hotsy steam cleaner just blew the motor. Bastards I got it from had used and open frame motor instead of a proper TEFC one. It runs for a
couple minutes then blows the breaker. I thought it was the start switch because it runs slow..then picks up and runs almost at full speed..so that probably leaves out the start/run capacitors (right?)
Anyone got a good used:
Nema 56, 115vac, TEFC, 1.5-2hp electric motor kicking around I can buy Cheap! or swap something nice for?
I suppose I could check the capacitors...but would rather have a TEFC motor than this open one.
Thanks,
Gunner
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

NEMA 56 as in 56C face?
What RPM?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

1750 would be fine. Not a C faced motor...the motor is marked Frame: M56
I believe its the standard 3x5 bolt pattern
Gunner
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
I have a 2 HP, 56 frame (but with larger shaft, 7/8 inch IIRC), 1725 RPM motor for sale. It is brand new, 3 phase, Dayton. The price is $80 plus shipping. All specs subject to verification, as I am not near that motor.
Also, if I can make a guess, your problem is not with the motor, but with the pump or overpressure or something else. Something makes your motor work too hard. Might be a recirculating valve.
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:40:39 -0600, Ignoramus11030

Nice try..but no..its internal to the motor. I pulled the pump off the motor first thing..and the motor still went smokey. Yet it would spin freely without any power on it.
Gunner
Recycling is nice... But at this point, just call Automation Direct and order a replacement from them. Lowest cost, UPS to your door and if you need other stuff and can get the order above $300, you get free shipping.
EXCELLENT vendor.
...Presuming they have the motor you actually need. Can you make use fo a 56C face motor even if you ignore the machined face?
Automation Direct: 800-633-0405
MODEL MTR-1P5-1AB180 1-1/2 HP, 1 Phase, 120/240V, 1800 RPM $136
MODEL MTR-002-1AB180 2 HP, 1 Phase, 120/240V, 1800 RPM $148
Never heard a single complaint about their motors except for the fact they are made in China. ...Good luck finding a true US-made motor for that price.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill

V8013-R
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 07:43:31 -0600, Ignoramus11030

Thanks Iggy..But Im looking for a 115volt single phase. But thanks anyways.
Gunner