Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A PID Implementation Note for Beginners
After I get asked a question a certain number of times, a buffer overflows and I have to write something up... When you're writing PID code, and you have something in your code like: drive =...
1
1

How to get PID Padameters for a "lowpass with integrator" process
Hello, I want to realize a position control of an el. motor. To get information of the process I make a step experiment. So I get the following model of the process: F(s) = K1/(1+s*T1) for the speed...
26
26

Mathematical method for closed loop temperature control.
Hello, I have to write a software for controlling the temperature of an enclosure having halogen heater. My temperature sensor is a RTD. Can anyone please suggest me which way to proceed in control...
1
1

Partial fraction expansion deletes a pole ?
Dear all, I am trying to transform the discrete LTI sytem E(z) into its partial fraction expansion E(z) = rac{N(z)}{D(z)}, N(z) = Mz^2 - Mz D(z) = (1+K)z^3+(-2K-3)z^2+(K+3)z -1 M and K are const. D(z)...
3
3

Interestingly your opinion that needs to be changed or added for modelling of systems in JMCAD.
Interestingly your opinion that needs to be changed or added for modelling of systems in JMCAD. There was a new version- JMCAD-03.051 release. Interestingly your opinion on the further development...

How to model the intial value of a linear system using Simulink?
I have seen more than one examples presented in tutorials to show how to model control system in Simulink, most of which reads as below: r->sum->PID->system Transfer Fcn->y | |...
2
2

Question on Wikimization
There is a student, Maria Calle in Spain, who has contacted me regarding a question she has in Control. She posted her question here: dialogue with her there. I already recommended CVX (Grant/Boyd) to...
9
9

How can I create a control loop of a nonlinear control system in Matlab/Simulink?
In Simulink and as appropriate use either blocks from the "Discontinuities" palette or the "Math Block" from the "Math Operations" palette. Howard
10
10

HELP: Implicit equation solving with more than one tear variable
(Previous post failed to confirm. Sorry if this is a dupe) bruce varley wrote: [...] Very interesting discussion. There is an excellent tutorial at the University of Edinborough titled "Modelling,...
3
3

Question on Matlab's ss2tf function
Looking at the ss2tf function was how I got the above function for the numerator. My question is how is it derived. Normally the transfer function is given as C inv(sI-A)B +D. Substituting the adjoint...
2
2

need m file for Boiler model
1
1

Good controls/signals text
All, Thanks for the recommendations, but the answers were not quite what I was looking for. I think I didn't ask the question correctly. Let me start again. I'm considering writing a hypertext control...
3
3

Adaptive control Astrom exercise problem 2.14
Hello All, can anyone help in solving exercise problem 2.14 in Astrom K J, I could not understand what are the covariance of v(t) and e(t). Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Regards,...
1
1

Mathematica 7 is now available
Wolfram Research announced Mathematica 7, a major release that accelerates the drive to integrate and automate functionality as core Mathematica capabilities, adding image processing, parallel...

How many users of Octave and Scilab are there?
I can get Matlab with all the toolboxes and extra bits I need to do control engineering with about the same amount of money as I could spend to get a nice, reliable, late model used small car. Then...
8
8