Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to get process parameters by an arbitrary testrun
Hello, what I want: I will determine the process parameters of a first order system (maybe also 2nd order). The problem: I have not the "space" to get the parametes of an long testrun, because there...
4
4

Truck Backer-Upper
Has anyone studied and/or implemented a network training system such as described in "The Truck Backer-Upper: An Example of Self-Learning in Neural Networks" by Nguyen and Widrow? Here is a link to...
9
9

Small Hand-held Distance Measurement Instrument Needed
Dear Sirs, I am an Instrumentation Technician with job duties including the periodic verification / calibration of Ultrasonic Open Channel (Parshall Flume) flow monitoring instruments. Currently, the...
2
2

Need help in the development and use JMCAD
Need help in the development and use JMCAD Information JMCAD is an program for the modeling and simulation of complex dynamic systems. This includes the ability to construct and simulate block...
1
1

Instrumentation and Online Stores
I am a student of Instrumentation at a community college in Canada. Part of a project that I am involved in requires pricing and 'specing' out control valves, orifice plates and possibly some...
2
2

Rockwell/AB SLC500 ethernet access behind NAT?
Hi, I have to configure a router between two ethernet networks, to allow access with rslogix through a router. Now I could not find any information what ports and protocols have to be forwarded, and...

Aluminum-Boron Composite?
One of my clients is working on a new mechanism that's going to require a high performance control system. Whenever this happens I start suggesting exotic materials to the mechanical engineering team....
13
13

Communicate with Factory Talk View ?
Does anyone here have any experience with developing a stand-alone application that communicates with a Rockwell Software "Factory Talk View" application? I'm wondering if I could create a...

Preventing AC motor restart.
Hello All, An AC motor with internal thermal protection shuts down and then restarts when the motor cools down. This automatic restart presents a hazard. I am on a scavenger hunt for an off the shelf...
22
22

How to determine coefficients for alpha beta gamma filter?
I want to use Alpha-Beta-Gamma Filter (or Kalman Filter) for the following problem: I have the position and velocity of products on the conveyor in time t=3Dt1. How can I estimate the position in time...

Your Input for Engineering References
Hello, I'm compiling a list of engineering sites for "A Home Page for Engineers". If you have some sites you would like to recommend please post them. Here is some info on you in advance! Joe

How can I measure position uncertainty of conveyor(belt) encoder?
How can I measure position uncertainty of conveyor(belt) encoder? I need this for the estimation of position and velocity of moving objects. Regards Leo
3
3

Motion Interpolation / Trajectory generation
You're trying to control some physical thing, right? I'm taking the liberty of cross-posting this answer to so the experts there can hack it apart, along with the experts here on comp.dsp. This can be...
1
1

INTUNE from ControlSoft Testimonials
Does anybody have experience of using INTUNE ? If so, was it good / bad / indifferent ? What positve results were achieved ? What level of expertise was required to run it ? Feedback would be...
1
1

Dynamic response of once through steam generator
Hi, Can anyone point me to a source of information on, or know anything about, likely transfer functions between feedwater flow and hot gas temperature, and exit temperature for a once-through waste...
5
5