Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

how to design controller based on approximate close-loop model
hello. I have a closed-loop system which is composed of PI controller and plant. I don't know the model of plant, but I can online get the closed-loop dominant poles. I want to online tuning PI...
5
5

Rtai - Control Project using Linux RTAI
Hello Everyone, Does anybody have any advise about using RTAI to control a DC motor or something similar. Any tutorial or suggestion will be helpful! Thanks!
2
2

state variable controller
hi. I am having a problem with the state variable controller.I am tryn to locate closed poles in the left hand plane such that my output graph has no overshoot.I am modeling a spring and dashpot has...
2
2

SQL DateTime data type insert from InTouch
Iam trying to write to a DateTime field in MSSQL from wonderware intouch. The problem is that I keep getting the error that the string I'm using is not a valid datetime string.....has anybody...
1
1

Limiting PID Loop Overshoot
Jerry Avins made a comment in another thread that made me realize: I discussed a lot of methods for use with PID loops that, when used correctly, limit overshoot. But dangit if I never actually said...
38
38

STEP7: Event ID 16# 4575
HI, the problem is with PLC error, aftet part of time working the PLC stops with message (diagnostic buffer) : Event 1 of 100: Event ID 16# 4575 STOP caused by exceeding block stack nesting depth in...

Student Question on using a PID as a Dimmer to Control a Light Bulb!!! This is a fun one!!!!!!
Hello, My name is Dave and I am a student at SDSU. I am not an engineering major, so I cant speak the engineering language too well, but I have taken level 2 college physics and 2 years of chemistry....
48
48

jobs for system identification?
Hello everyone, I am doing my ph. d in the area of system identification using state space methods. Recently I start to check but it looks the job openings for system identification guys are very...
9
9

soft copy of liptak handbook
could any one please provide me a link to the soft copy of handbook by b g liptak or mail it to me Jyotish

realtime systems, control loop.
can someone rewrite the programm using intergal algo. method. to reduce the error to almost zero. the programm is for the fan to start auto. and cool the processor when the temp. gets to the set point...
9
9

USA-PA-Pittsburgh Process Control Engineer
Adaptive Resources Process Control Engineer BS - Engg. Preferably Chemical Engineering but others may apply as well. 1-5 Years experience in process control applications. Strong knowledge of control...

modbus and iec 870-5-102
Hi, i m trying to understand the relation between modbus and iec 870-5-102, do these protocolls have same properties or what are the differences... can anybody give me a short information about the...
4
4

Build controllers based on your hardware
Make an IP enabled DOS or Windows Controller with your CPU and I/O cards plus our software. Connect your sensors, switches, PLC or other I/O equipments to your IP enabled controllers. Monitor and...

HITACHI PLC HIZAC E series
i am aware that this particular series is no longer manufactured by hitachi . If possible can anyone throw some light on its characteristics and draw a comparasion of its features with the exsists in...

STEP7 HWConfig CP5613 & CPU-315-2DP
Hello, How can I configure CP5613 (master) and CPU-315-2DP (slave) under HW config (STEP7)? Thanks and regards, Kyoq
2
2