Any useful utilities needed?

Does anyone out there have any ideas for useful software utilities that would make the job of a control systems/SCADA engineer a bit easier? It may seem like a bit of an odd question but I'm looking for an idea for a personal project that will both brush up my programming skills and result in something useful for someone. I'm pretty much stuck for ideas at the moment so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks Matthew

Reply to
mdcdv