Cimplicity and PID

Hi all. I am new to Cimplicity and was wondering if it is possible to do PID control within Cimplicity , or do you need other hardware ( PLC etc) as well.

Cheers Rob

Reply to
rob

It is normal to do the PID in the PLC for any SCADA / HMI. Parameters are often passed to the PID in the PLC logic from the HMI.

WHICH CIMplicity are you talking about.

Machine Addition is used to program one or more PLC's and view.

Plant Addition is a SCADA / HMI package, the original, used to control whole plants / systems.

GE Fanuc is using the CIMplicity name for on MANY different product line the last couple years.

All the Fanuc manuals are ONLINE so you can lookup:

Reply to
mindspringnews

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't CIMplicity a SCADA interface, HMI product? In other words, it provides operator interface to a control system but is not itself a control system. In that case, you do NOT use it do actually carry out any control of its own. A PLC or other control system is always needed.

Walter

Reply to
Walter Driedger

Wrong now but was true in the past, GE Fanuc using the "CIMplicity" name for many products including PLC and CNC programming.

Reply to
mindspringnews

CIMplicity Products

mindspringnews