Wonderware InTouch 7.0 and ControlLogix

Hi All:

I have never used the Wonderware InTouch 7.0 software with ControlLogix (ethernet)and was wondering if anyone has done this before, and what pitfalls could be expected.

I have used the Wonderware InTouch 7.0 with PLC5 without to much problems.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Shawn Rimmell

I'm no expert on WonderWare, but I know that (with Citect at least) you can use the PLC5 Ethernet drivers to talk to ControlLogix - you just set your PLC register data up slightly differently that's all.

Many people I've met actually prefer to use PLC5 comms to talk to ControlLogix because they are already familiar with the addressing structure. Give it a go.. it will likely work fine.

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

You could also use Wonderware's Controllogix I/O Server.

Reply to
Steve Hajdu

Thanks for the information posted so far:

For the case of using the ControlLogix I/O Server, could a PLC5 still be accessed? In other words, could Wonderware 7.0 read information from both a ControlLogix (ethernet) and a PLC5 controller (DH+) simultaneously from the same machine?

Thanks in advance, Shawn

Reply to
Shawn Rimmell

You could either load two wonderware io servers on the same PC, one for controllogix enthernet, and one for dh+, or use a third party, such as ingear allen bradley opc server, which claims in supports all ab communications.

Reply to
Steve Hajdu

I've worked on several projects with Wonderware and Control Logix. The last two projects involved Wonderware 7.11 & 8.0. These projects have used RSLinx as the comm driver. I think it's trivial to configure RSLinx to support both PLC5's and ControlLogix processors simultaneously.

I'm not sure which driver you are using when you refer to 'ControlLogix I/O Server'. Is it one of the I/O Servers that comes from Wonderware? In general I'd recommend not using them with ControlLogix processors, since they have some limitations.

Reply to
Jeff Watts

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, I have to use the Wonderware I/O server software as the comms. tools as the customer has stipulated this product. Currently, they are using AB1784KT (IO Server)as the comms tool for the ABKT card.

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn Rimmell