examples for motor control

Hi all!
I teach a motor control design class and I want to introduce my student into the DSP technology for motor control applicactions. For
that I have 3 evaluation kits (2 motorola dsp56F805 and one TMS320C240) to do some experimental work. I wold like if anyone has simple examples to be executed by students. I was thinking abc to dq transformation, encoder-decoders application, and so on.
Any help will be appreciated
thanks!
JATL