field buses

Hello All,
I am designing a control system and whould like some information about fieldbuses.
My system is a closed loop controler which controls 4 brushless DC
motor by giving an analog speed command to a servo amplifier based on encoder feedback, torque and prox sensors.
Is it feasible to do the following:
I would like my sample frequency to be 500 microseconds on digital and analog I/O on a fieldbus. Also the system is alerted immediately when there is a communication problem with the fieldbus.
Are there open fieldbuses such as Profibus, Foundation fieldbus, or CanOpen that can accomplish this?
Thanks In advance
- Scott
Process control instrumentation field busses do not operate at such high speeds. 250 m sec per update is about typical.
Walter.

You can take a look at MACRO ring from DELTA TAU... www.macro.org
It's a high speed Fiber Optique bus and there is some I/O brands for this bus like OPTO 22...
Regards...
Yves

Scott,
Take a look at SERCOS, I think it will cycle at that sort of speed.
Steve B.