field buses

Hello All,

I am designing a control system and whould like some information about fieldbuses.

My system is a closed loop controler which controls 4 brushless DC motor by giving an analog speed command to a servo amplifier based on encoder feedback, torque and prox sensors.

Is it feasible to do the following:

I would like my sample frequency to be 500 microseconds on digital and analog I/O on a fieldbus. Also the system is alerted immediately when there is a communication problem with the fieldbus.

Are there open fieldbuses such as Profibus, Foundation fieldbus, or CanOpen that can accomplish this?

Thanks In advance

- Scott

Reply to
Scott S

Process control instrumentation field busses do not operate at such high speeds. 250 m sec per update is about typical.

Walter.

Reply to
Walter Driedger

You can take a look at MACRO ring from DELTA TAU...

It's a high speed Fiber Optique bus and there is some I/O brands for this bus like OPTO 22...

Regards...

Yves

Reply to
yves

Scott,

Take a look at SERCOS, I think it will cycle at that sort of speed.

Steve B.

Scott S wrote:

Reply to
Stephen Bettesworth