information requested single machine interface

Hello All,
I am looking for a program/technology which is like a machine information interface.
My company is producing PC based machine controllers with our own
customized software in combination with an integrated motor controller and PLC. These controllers are basically for CNC machines.
Our controller is capable of storing log and production information on a netwerk PC. What we would like to do now is making this information available to other PCs in the netwerk through HMI like interface. The idea is that someone on the network can look at the current status of the machine (axis speeds, alarms, prodcution info) and that it is possible to playback the data.
I have been looking into SCADA systems which offer the capabilities but these seem to be too comprehensive for our demands.
My question is if anyone knows about any program or technology which seems to be fit for our requirements. I am also wondering if a stripped SCADA system could be the answer.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Martin Kreuk
Depending on your database engine, you may be able to set up a client/server type web page allowing the user to pick which records are displayed without too much trouble. If you want to allow users to do more than just look at the data, then you may need to spend a bit of money.
A decent programmer, familiar with java, javascript, and your database system, should be able to pull this off within a week or two.
Michael
<M. Kreuk> wrote in message

M. Kreuk wrote:

You might be interested by HiBeam from ICS Triplex http://www.isagraf.com / look for products/Hibeam
HiBeam brings you the ICS Triplex ISaGRAF embedded web technology. It turns your device or controller into an embedded web and data server. Valves, pumps, meters can now display data over the Internet. Hibeam includes tools for interfacing with controller-based data through a standard web browser. It is used both to display device data and/or to act on the controller data remotely over the Internet. The embedded data server is event based and minimizes bandwidth usage.
The screen builder generates the industrial HTML pages. The runtime gathers and dispatches the data, while the toolkit gives you access to the portable source code so that you can implement HiBeam Technology on any OS or device.
I have no links with ICS Triplex altough I used Isagraf on one project without problems.
Martin,
There are a couple of options for broad compatibility with most HMI packages, SCADA systems, and popular progamming environments (Visual Basic, Visual Studio.NET, VC++, MS Office, etc.).
1. Add Modbus or Modbus/TCP Slave capability to your application. Virtually all HMI and SCADA systems implement Modbus Master drivers.
2. Add OPC Server capability to your application. Requires Windows-based OPC Clients and DCOM.
Option 1 is simplest to implement and is broadly supported.
Visit http://automatedsolutions.com/products/modbusslave.asp to download a fully functioning demo.
If you would like to discuss, go to the Contacts page on our website and use the support number.
http://www.automatedsolutions.com/contact /
-Mark
You may want to look at http://www.packml.org / "PackML's mission is to develop guidelines for line types, machine state models, and "tag" naming conventions for communications between production machinery within the packaging industry"