[PC-A]<--->[Mobile Phone-A] <- - - - - - -> [Mobile Phone-B] <--->[PC-B]

Hey,

I want to send and receive shot text (and if possible, binary) data between two PCs. The link between PCs will be low-cost off the shelf mobile phones (may be from second hand stores).

[PC-A][Mobile Phone-A] [Mobile Phone-B] [PC- B]

In this configuration "[PC-A][Mobile Phone-A]" pair will be stationary and the "[Mobile Phone-B] [PC-B]" pair will be mobile in a car (ideally a mobile robot).

I do not have experience with the mobile phone interface and I would like to ask expert technical advise on the following questions;

[*] Which (low-cost) brand/model phones have RS232 interface to connect it to PC? [*] Is it possible to use modem's AT command (or something similar) to dial remote phone and send text (or binary message) directly, like PC to PC modem connection? [*] Or does the telephone exchange should store the message and forward ot to destination when everit want?

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Albert

Reply to
Albert Goodwill

I believe some of the old nokia phones do.

In the March and April 2007 issues of EPE magazine

there is a construction project describing remote control of devices via SMS messages using a nokia phone whose RS232 port is interfaced to an ATMEL microcontroller.

VKC

Reply to
vkc