Liquid Level Sensor for N2O

I have a requirement to measure liquid nitrous oxide level in a large tank, pressurized to about 700psi. Considered ultrasonics, but
discarded - tank will be very noisy when discharging and surface of liquid will boil. I need to measure level, and be able to calculate flow rate as it discharges. N2O (Hospital grade) is non conductive so resistor probes will probably not work. I am considering designing a strip of thermo-couples as the liquid is about 70 F but the surface drops below 0 when boiling. Any ideas?
snipped-for-privacy@dallons.com wrote:

Gas pressure at the top. Liquid pressure at the bottom. Known density of the liquid. Calculate. I think, you do. Talk is cheap.
Jerry

To translate the last post into coherant English. A flange mounted differential pressure transmitter at the bottom with the reference line (low side) connected to the top, would give you liquid level while also compensating for the possibly variable gas pressure at the top of the tank. You would need to adjust level for density since most devices off the shelf are set for water.
The "old" pneumatic instrumentation manuals are full of examples like this.

Aww... you gave the game away. I had hoped he's think enough to have ownership if the idea.
Jerry
snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Thanks - great ideas. I'll give credit where credit is due in our next engineering meeting :)
Thanks - great ideas. I'll give credit where credit is due in our next engineering meeting :)
Rocket_man wrote:

Take credit for asking in the right place. I'm retired: I don't need it.
Jerry -- Been there. Done that. Forgot already.