Location, Industry, Hardware of group watchers

I just wanted to get an understanding of who use's this group.

If you have a few minutes, tell us where you are (geographically) what industry you're in and what hardware you work most with.

Work in Southwestern/central Ontario Canada. Work for an integrator that specializes in Rockwell/Allen Bradley. I've programmed Modicon, GE Fanuc (LM90, VersaPro and Cimplicity) and AB (6200, Logix5, 500 and a little 5000) Done some Wonderware when I was working with GE. Just getting into RSView Studio working with Panelview Plus and finding it to be a bit of a pain. Done some DeviceNet also.

Looking forward to reading about others involved with this group.

andy

Reply to
Andy

I work in Oregon. I'm a new independent contractor, but my experience is in embedding control loops (mostly high-performance motion loops or thermal control loops) into custom hardware to be used in devices (itty bitty clean things, rather than great big stinky things like the rest of you). I don't have any experience with PLCs, more's the pity.

-------------------------------------- Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Uzytkownik "Andy" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

country: Poland city: Cracow SCADA: Wonderware InTouch, iFIX and other PLC: GE-Fanuc (VersaMax, OCS, 90-30), Modicon, Unitronics, Siemens and other Scada system with Satel and Motorola. I'm working for an integrator in water/waste water industry. Rafal

Reply to
gervee

Hi I m French, I work near Paris. I work in an integrator in Building Management System only, we don't work on industrial process. We use Siemens, Schneider, Johnson Controls, General Electric. We can integrate Lonworks products too. We use Wonderware, Panorama, and PCVUe32

Reply to
nico

Calgary, Alberta, Canada EPC engineer (engineering, procurement, construction) Petroleum and petrochemical industry, mostly DCS - Honeywell recently PLC - Allen-Bradley, Quantum recently Safety systems - FSC, Triconex

Walter.

Reply to
Walter Driedger

Location: South Western Ontario Mostly, Occasionally USA.

Industry: Corn Wet/Dry Milling >> Syrups,Starches,Ethanol

Hardware/Software: Foxboro I/A, Wonderware, Allen Bradley PLC5/SLC500

mk

Reply to
Michael Kessler

I am in Montreal I worked mostly in metallurgy. Experience: Modicon, ISaGRAF, real time programming with C++ Unemployed for the moment

Reply to
Dan Bente

Location - Australia. I work for a consulting engineering company, mainly in petrochemical distribution and airport hydrant refuelling systems. Anywhere "a small spark makes a big bang"..

DCS - Yokogawa uXL PLC - Allen-Bradley (all types), Mitsubishi, Siemens S7 and recently Modicon (all types). I can't stand Omron. SCADA - Citect, iFix (but I don't ;-). VF Drives - PDL Microdrive, ABB ACS-600, Siemens Masterdrives, SEW Movitrac..

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

Work in Central California Specialize in SCADA and control systems for Wastewater and Municipal fresh water systems.

Mostly Koyo PLC's Some Idec PLC's, all the brands of VFD's out there.

Not to mention my Fluke 787 !!

I must say to the students of control systems out there that this type of work sure is fun!

Joe

Reply to
Joe Dough