ms_print_mgr.pcf location

Somehow I have lost the ability to print directly from Pro/E to my windows print manager. When I go to print, I see "Generic Postscript" rather than "Windows Print Manager" or whatever it used to say. If I click okay to print, it sends a .plt file directly to my default printer rather than allowing me to choose which printer to send the file to. I believe this has to do with the location of the ms_print_mgr.pcf file, but I am not sure.

I had this problem a number of months back and was eventually able to solve it by placing copies of the pcf file in several different folders on my computer. Then this week, I have lost the ability again, but don't know where the file is actually supposed to be. Does anyone know where the ms_print_mgr.pcf file should be located? Is there an option for placing this file in a different folder?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
Cameron Andersen

\text\plot_config\ is where it shows up on my WF2 install.

I'd guess any location pointed to by config option pro_plot_config_dir.

Reply to
gluteous maxiumus equus

pro_plot_config_dir.

I agree with both points. Makes me curious, though, why it couldn't find = the PCF. From the above I'd guess that a) somebody moved the PCF and b) = they didn't put the new location in pro_plot_config_dir.

If it was moved, that's a good idea, especially if you do any = customization to them, such as point a pcf to a particular network port = or IP address. The reason I say it's a good idea to move the files and = point to another directory is that any updating of the installation = results in overwriting those files in . That applies to = config.pro, config.win, syscol.scl, tree.cfg and all those other = configuration files that get regularly customized.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes