jpg photo in drw file

Is it possible to add photo (jpg) to *.drw file in wildfire2? I've tried to use Insert ->object but only icon of picture file was add to drawing file. TIA

Regards Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

Use BMP instead. Don't try to find it under linux. Konrad

Reply to
KA

Depending on your printer drivers, you may have trouble printing drawings with embedded images. If it doesn't conflict with your requirements, I'd suggest making the bitmap monochrome, with only two colours, (black & white, obviously) - we have to convert drawings with these embedded images into pdfs before we print them on our Oce7300 or they come out blank.

Reply to
John Wade

Hi, nice to see you :) I use winXP. I've found a solution. I opened image file in Panin, pressed ctrl+c next in proE drw file i chose Insert->Object->New->Paintbrush image and pressed ctrl+v.

Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

LOL - Mistake. On printed page I see nothing :)

Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

I have a logo in the drawing table. WinXP64, Canon laser printer. Prints good. Colours, halftones, whatever. But must be bmp.

Konrad

Reply to
KA

The rest of the trick is to use Windows Print Manager to do the printing of that sheet. Something about Pro/e and OLE objects.

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks guys, but I've given up. I use HP JL 4000 T and file is 24-bit bmp. Maybe in grey-scale it'd be ok? B/W colour doesn't make a sense for me. In print window in ProE I have: in destination field: Generic Postscript and in Ploter Command field: windows_print_manager. I don't know why it doesn't work?

Regards Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

up.

It should be Windows Print Manager in both destination and Plotter Command fields. The latter doesn't mean too much unless you actually have a PCF file for Windows Print Manager. When you hit OK, you'll get the usual Windows Printer selection list. The route with Generic (or Color) Postscript firt, goes to a file and second, is used for creating a PDF file generated from the .PS file made by the Generic Postscript driver. Other than making this .PS file, there's no reason to even pick that driver. If you can see it on screen, you should be able to print it with the Windows Print Manager. If you can't even see it in Pro/e, I know of no way to print the image on a Pro/e format.

Reply to
David Janes

Try converting to 256color or 64color. I use 4color bmp (enough for me)- and it works good.

Konrad

Reply to
KA

Converting doesn't work. Minimal colours should be 256 for me. But as I've written I decided to absolve.

Regerds Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall