Send plot file to LPT1?

Hi group. I'm trying to set-up a RMB feature where I can LMB click on a plot file, (.plt), then RMB & under "send to" have an function called "send file to plotter". I send plot files to my plotter now in the DOS window, (copy plotfile.plt lpt1) but I know it could be easier. I perused the folder options for a possible solution but that didn't pan out. Any ideas anyone? TIA. M.P.

Reply to
Mike Pagel

I have a bat file similar to the following:

COPY %1% LPT1 or

COPY %1% \\servername\printername

I then go into file types and associate this with the .plt extension.

I print the drawing to a file and then in Windows Explorer, double-click and boom-ba-da-bing, it prints.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Reply to
Mike Pagel

Mike

you might try equivaq 2005. it's a plot file spooler that has

watched folder autospooler and can send many copies to the printer a given times 15 minutes around the clock

it's just a handy too

VBsixer