P & ID online education/tutorials

Hello, I'm new to the group. I am an electrical engineer, and I just started a new job where I will be expected to create and understand P
& IDs. Most of the projects I'll be working with will be small pump houses with a few sensors. I have a legend of all the symbols, but I don't have any examples. I am looking for online tutorials and/or examples. I would prefer a free tutorial, but if it is not free, that's okay too. Thanks.
Andrew

Googling on P&ID gives some hits, but the ones I checked out were pretty poor. They portray very basic schemes, with minimal indication of what the piping side of such a diagram normally includes (P&IDs are primarily process/piping diagrams, their representation of electrical and control aspects is often very sparse). Have you thought of contacting a local process manufacturing facility or process engineering outfit, and asking if you could view a few drawings? They may not let you take them away but could well be prepared to show you a sample and explan what's on them. If you were anywhere near me I'd me more than happy to do that.

Hey, new to the group to, my name is Nick
I have just graduated from the Instrumentation Engineering Technology at NAIT and i've had a ton of exposure to p&id's. I can show you a p&id, pfd, legend and instrument index for a distillation process if you are interested
Can't help with examples (copyright issues); but you may find a huge variation in what is acceptable/constitutes a P&ID across different industries. I was trained in the oil industry. I was horrified to discover that P&IDs supplied to me from the water industry, and containing very little information on piping or instrumentation, were of almost no practical use whatsoever!
Kelvin B. Hales Kelvin Hales Associates Limited Consulting Process Control Engineers Web: www.khace.com
Andrew rote:

_____ Have a look at: http://www.pip.org/downloads/Sample-PID.pdf http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piping_and_instrumentation_diagram http://www.roymech.co.uk/Useful_Tables/Drawing/Flow_sheets.html
The Instrument Society of America (ISA) provides (for a fee) detailed info about P&IDs.
If you need more detailed examples, please email me directly at ! C @ O # N $ T % R ^ E & X AT SHAW.CA.
--
Regards / jch (not the other JCH who posts here from time to time)