PC Data Acquisition

ttdesign.com
Scilab, thanks. I think I even have that on my 'puter at work. (I only played a little.)
I can generate these long data files, I was thinking of just writing my own basic program to sort 'em.
George H.
Tim Wescott wrote:

Consider storing in chunks. There is always that chance that the computer croaks in the middle of the game and then at least you have some data. The usual, Leroy plugging in the big floor buffer machine ... tsk ... KATCHOCK ... light out.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

We used to do some long 8+hrs data logging tests. After some grumbling, 'they' agreed to put the whole setup on a big 1500VA UPS. It actually saved a half dozen data runs from being corrupted from power disruptions.
Cheers

Could you do with only 10-bit resolution? The Dataq DI-194 is $60. Or the DI-155 for $150 has 13 bit resolution. http://www.dataq.com/data-acquisition-starter-kits/data-acquisition-starter -kits.htm I've used their stuff for some 20-odd years and have always been happy with it. Interfaces to LabView if needed, or they include a simple free logger/reader program.