Position control of AC induction motor

Lanarcam wrote:

I did not spend a whole lot of time with this link, but it did look like a whole lot of marketing fluff. These drives do not appear to have provisions for resolver commutation and so would be unsuited for your application
Lanarcam wrote:
> In fact nothing is done as of now. One solution Artus suggested was > to have an inner current loop for torque control, an intermediate > frequency loop with speed feedback derived from resolver, > and an outer position loop. Said like this it looks simple, but as > you know, in theory, practice is the same as theory, but in practice > it is not the same :) > Since we have tight time schedules and limited resources we are > looking for an off the shelf solution for the drive, hopefully with > position control capability or at least speed control. I will look > at the link Jeff suggested, with problems being that position input > is not supplied by a CAN network but by RS422 and space is limited. >
The AMC drives do have an inner current loop for torque mode control, with an intermediate velocity loop, and outer position loop, all within the drive. The CAN interface should not be a problem as prepackaged controllers are available: http://www.dontronics.com/candip.html. I have suggest this approach since it minimizes the amount of engineering in your part.
--
jeff

jeff wrote:

like
was
practice
with
input
limited.
within
have
Thanks a lot for your information.
Jerry Avins wrote:

it,
In fact nothing is done as of now. One solution Artus suggested was to have an inner current loop for torque control, an intermediate frequency loop with speed feedback derived from resolver, and an outer position loop. Said like this it looks simple, but as you know, in theory, practice is the same as theory, but in practice it is not the same :) Since we have tight time schedules and limited resources we are looking for an off the shelf solution for the drive, hopefuly with position control capability or at least speed control. I will look at the link Jeff suggested, with problems being that position input is not supplied by a CAN network but by RS422 and space is limited.
Lanarcam wrote:

The resolver feedback narrows the selection a lot. AMC makes some nice resolver commutated drives. I've used their torque mode drives and been quite happy with them. They also make drives with full position loops and Canbus control. See: http://www.servosystems.com/amc_dc201r15a40nac.pdf
--
jeff

Given the accuracy required I would also post to
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&group=sci.astro.amateur
Allan Morrison wrote:

Hmmm... Interesting. I suppose you are going to use this to remotely target americans or other infidels. The speed requirement being so tight so as not to trip any electronic detection before the IED can be triggered. Well, good luck with that. asshole
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Don't simulate taking your pills, you need them
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Is that your usual signature?
Jerry