web-enabled control

is any one using web-enabled control, in a process plant? what is your experince with it?

Do you mean HTML (web) based graphics or do you mean remote control over the internet?
Walter

I assume you mean the Server is broadcasting HTML or java-applets to the Network-nodes or Thin Clients?
It works, but it is slower than a Client Server technology (still). There are 2 variants: - Only view - View and Control setpoints
As in 1998-2001 all the control companies thought this was the future, in practice, they they did not sell it that much.
It only is a good solution to broadcast analysis data to production management (such as production-graphs, stops per shift graphs, etc.)
Give me an I/O-count and an idea of your application and I will send you my independant advise of a solution, that I would choose.
Kind regards,
Bart Schaminee.