PID tuning soft

Hy everyone.

I need some good free soft for PID tuning.

Thanks in advance from Spain.

Reply to
garrabino

Are you trying to tune something in particular, or do you just want to practice finding optimal gains?

Reply to
Herman Family

I have to optimize setting of all controlers of a depropanizer column in a refinery. I´m lookin for soft to monitorize step test and sugest better adjust for flow, temp and pressure controlers. Something like Expertune, Bestune... Can you help me?. Thanks

Reply to
garrabino

Hello,

The SW should communicate to something. To what? A PLC/DCS/else? What brand?

There are difference ways to tune:

- Kp/Ki/Kd

- Advanced Processs Control

- Model Predictive Control

- Fuzzy Logic

And good PID-tuning software is not for free... it will pay it self back in a short time. Guarantueed.

Bart Schaminee

Reply to
Bart Schaminee

If you are looking for some more advanced modelling approach with MPC then i suggest you to take a look at this site:

They have a very strong package for modelling systems in an automized way.

Say hello to Yucai from me if you find it usefull and plan to contact him.

Regards, Emiel Consulting Engineer

Reply to
emiel