Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ACTC Event "Managing Alarms & Abnormal Situations in the Process Industries", Grimsby, 13th July 2006
Recent incidents at Terra Nitrogen in Billingham and the Buncefield Oil Depot have highlighted the continued need for the prevention and containment of accidents and emergencies within our process...
1
1

Updated version of ISA S20 specification sheets
Hi, The TR20.00.01-2001 (with new data sheets) has been available since 2004. Has any end user / engineering consultant replaced the old (1981) ISA S20 format instrument data sheets with the new TR20...
1
1

Question on refinery distillation column behaviour
I have a debutanizer column with feed consist of C1 hydrocarbon up to 180degC FBP Heavy Naphtha cut. The column is meant to split light hydrocarbon which ends up at the top and naphtha (light and...
6
6

Source for intrinsic safety cable
I'm looking for a U.S. source for blue jacketed cable for an intrinsically safe installation. Any suggestions? Thanks, Reed.
2
2

Sludge Blanket Levels?
Has anyone had success in measuring sludge blanket levels in Picket Fence Thickeners as used in the waste water industry? I have tried single point level detection using light, very little success...
8
8

problems with chattering contactors
I have a three phase forward/reversing drill press that runs in each direction. However the contactors for each direction recently started buzzing or chattering rather loudly. I have already checked...
3
3

Animatics C5200?
Hi. I've picked up an Animatics C5200 2 axis servo controller, but I have no docs or software. Anybody have docs, software, ... that they can pass along? I've contacted Animatics, but they no longer...
2
2

Store values on MPC5xx?
Hi all, I want to store some values on an MPC5xx based controller. I want my code to maintain the last set of values on a few variables when it is shut down, and these values should be accessed the...
7
7

Muti compressor control system
hello friends I am working in a cement industry and I need some information regarding the compressor control system. I need to know what are the best control systems available with cost effectiveness....
4
4

home heating oil change in volume due to temperature change
Hello, I hope someone can help me out. I am looking for a formula that I can use to calculate the change in volume due to temperature change, home heating oil is the medium. For example if I have 175...
10
10

Flume flow calculator
Has anyone got a calculator for the PC that I can use to calculate flows through open channel flumes? If yes, and they don't mind sharing, could you email me a copy or upload to a binaries NG. It...
3
3

Help evaluating commercial SCADA software
Hi, I'm trying to evaluate some SCADA vendors among the following attributes below (basically rank them as High, Very High, Very Low, etc) but I'm having a hard time finding reliable references for...
3
3

The Journal of Chemical Product and Process Modeling- Call for paper
Call for Papers The Journal of Chemical Product and Process Modeling is the premier forum for the presentation of technological advances and research results in the fields of product and process...

Bode plot from experiments
Hi all, I have a hydraulic system which I want to control, but I ought to do a frequency response before I set out on that. Can anyone point out how I can manage a frequency response test without...
11
11

Any Chemical Engineers Can Advise on Soda Ash?
We have a soda ash mixing plant that we want to use to make up batches of soda ash solution, and use this for pH control. The mixing plant consists of 2 x 900 litre tanks fitted with electric mixers....
3
3