How to make safes safer.

I like to make this low-cost Harbor-Freight safe (link below) fire proof and hack-proof. They're sold by the hundreds near my Southside apartment and it seems every long-hair, tattooed individual has one. I work at a welding plant and always away from home. What are some ways I can protect this safe from fire or from being hack?

Thanks

Section 8

Fire safes have a layer of insulation (preferrably water saturated) between the inner and outer walls. Tamperproof safes also have a layer of wire reinforced concrete between the insulation and the outer steel jacket (to defeat drilling). So you could put the safe in a welded steel box with a concrete layer and an insulating layer. But you still have an uninsulated door, and a lock mechanism which is easily defeated.

Since you can buy a decent Sentry fire safe for $130 at places like Sears and Walmart, I can't see spending a lot of time and effort on this HF safe.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

try putting it inside a TRTL30x6.

Reply to
mr.bill

I agree with mr. bill, you'd have to put it inside of a real safe.

Reply to
Eide