Wtd. lathe head

I am looking for a gear head from a lathe. I want to use it for a gear reduction box for a 36" bandsaw. That way I will be able to change
the speed of the blade with just the movement of a lever or two. I am in NC so it would better if it is in my state as shipping would be probably to much. Gary
Gear box from riding lawn mower maybe.
tim wrote:

Good Idea! I'll keep that in mind. Thanks
Many of the Bandsaws from Taiwan use a 3 speed motorcycle transmission. Just wondering, what is the horsepower of the saw you are using and what fpm does it have now.? You might be able to use an AC inverter.

The saw is a old 36" bandsaw and the blade speed is way to fast even for wood. I figured that for the low speed to cut steel I will need about a hundred/one reduction. My thought is that with the lathe head it would be really easy to get what ever blade fps that I will need.
DC Las Vegas wrote:

GD wrote:

some ol 4 speed tranny, easier to find