45-degree diagonal cutters?

life imitates life wrote:

Never been on a Navy ship have you?
Bolted flanges in bilges and other areas exposed to seawater use inconel wire because the bolts and nuts are also made of inconel.
Dissimilar materials in a bilge environment, where you have a lot of seawater doesn't work very well. Even if one of them is SS.
daestrom

"Iconel" is a stainless superalloy. Nice try though.
life imitates life wrote:

Nice try dimbulb.
Most people use the word 'stainless' to refer to one of several variations of 'stainless steel' alloy. You however seem to have your own definition and apply it to a lot more than just 'steel'. A 'steel' alloy has iron as the major component. Inconel (note the correct spelling), is more than 50% nickel and is not considered a 'steel' alloy at all.
Making up your own definitions is bound to get you into arguments. Why am I not surprised, you apparently are the same 'dimbulb' poster as others claim, just using yet another 'nym.
Monel, another group of alloys composed mostly of nickel, is also used for a lot of seawater applications. It too is corrosion resistant ('stainless superalloy' to you), but is not considered a 'steel' either.
daestrom

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean--nether more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be the master--that's all."
--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:06:43 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
Grow up, dumbfuck.
life imitates life wrote:

Yawn. As always, it sucks to be dimbulb.
--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

What part of ANY assembly did you EVER see "soft Iron" lock wire?

life imitates life wrote:

Here is your statement that 'soft steel does not get made into wire AT ALL'.
Yet Jason pointed out that 'tie wire' used in concrete rebar assembly is at least one instance of 'soft steel' being made into wire. It may not be 'lock wire', but it is 'wire'.
Now go on and rant for a while, we're done dimbulb.
daestrom

Wow. This proves your reading comprehension is at least grade 3.

Are you sure that is what it is? Or are you yet another dolt that "hears" something, then calls it "fact", all because your feeble mind "trusts" the source?
You are a true idiot.

Better check you terms, little boy.
I know more about all wires of all kinds than you ever will, fuckhead.

You were done the day you thought you were "the shit", and that day was likely decades ago, when your arrogant, yet obviously uneducated ass thought your Navy path made you better than every one of the kids you were around in school. That mindset is the very thing that made you LESS than every single one of them, and everyone else in the world as well. In that respect, yes... you ARE "the shit". Total shit, is what you are.
Wild_Bill wrote:

right, I have here a pair of wirecutters made by Belzer (Titan2000) which I bought in '86. Sill perfect with a small spring that keeps the cut wires from flying into your eyes. ciao Ban

Yes, but would you ever use them to cut piano wire?
I rest my case.