45-degree diagonal cutters?

Sigh. Let me cut and paste the relevant bit:-

*********

Safety Lock Wire

We supply high quality safety lock wire for use in the Aerospace Industry. Our aircraft safety lock wire conforms to ASTM, MS and AN specifications is available in our unique handy dispensing can. Safety lockwire is available in a wide variety of materials including: brass wire, aluminum wire, copper wire and stainless steel wire.

*********

Now surely even you can read that? There aren't any really difficult words in it.

All this from one incapable of reading and understanding simple text?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I heard that depends on the day of the week. What an ugly broad, swinging a mop on the weekends!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It is always wrong to assume that DimBulb can read.

She's too busy protecting her hamper from Nymbecile.

Put on your wetsuit, DimBulb dribbles a *lot*.

Reply to
krw

You're an idiot.

No. It was common on brit machinery... maybe. In the US, military methodologies like that were NOT used on cars.

And London Taxis are from a 60 year old design, no doubt. Again you sport your stupidity like a flag.

No, IDIOT! Soft iron wire would garner water in the twists and be rusted off within a matter of weeks, if not days.

You are never going to win this, because it is blatantly obvious how little you know about it.

Reply to
life imitates life

Pet? You really need to eat shit, fucktard.

Again you sport your utter stupidity in the industrial realm.

Reply to
life imitates life

Except that the discussion was about cutting STEEL wire with side cutters, not ANY softer medium. So NONE of the other materials in your cut and paste horseshit are even applicable to the discussion, nor where they ever.

That is aside from the fact that you could likely NEVER even come up with an application where one of the other materials is used, and note, you retarded f*ck, where there is NO mention of soft steel OR iron being one of the available types, so every argument you have spewed here is again proven to be without merit, and you are proven to be without a clue.

Show me soft steel or soft iron lock wire, you make it up as you go along dumbfuck.

Reply to
life imitates life

OBTW, in the Navy we used a lot of lock wire made from inconel. Nuts on bolted flanges on piping in bilges, were seawater was a corrosion problem. The bolts/nuts/flanges were inconel, so the wire was too for compatibility.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

Never been on a Navy ship have you?

Bolted flanges in bilges and other areas exposed to seawater use inconel wire because the bolts and nuts are also made of inconel.

Dissimilar materials in a bilge environment, where you have a lot of seawater doesn't work very well. Even if one of them is SS.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

"Iconel" is a stainless superalloy. Nice try though.

Reply to
life imitates life

What part of ANY assembly did you EVER see "soft Iron" lock wire?

Reply to
life imitates life

No, I'm talking about tie wire, as used to secure reinforcing before pouring concrete. You said "Soft steel does not get made into wire AT ALL" and that's incorrect.

Jasen Betts

Calling me that doesn't make it so. I'm an 'idiot' who can read a simple website. You, seemingly, can't.

Why do you harp on about what may or may not be used in the military? They are hardly a bastion of good practice given the numerous c*ck ups. In other words human.

And strictly controlled by a licensing authority. Who insist on many aspects of the design.

Now you're being an idiot. No steel or iron rusts through in a matter of weeks.

I've probably seen more lock wired nuts and bolts than you've had hot dinners.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Those goalposts are very noisy when moved...

Just admit your 'experience' - if any - is based on a tiny part of the industry and move on.

BTW, would you like a pic of standard side cutters marked 'for use on piano wire' ?

Would that make you shut the f**k up?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Learn to read AND to quote properly, you snipping LYING RETARD!

I said LOCK WIRE, asshole. Nice job of snipping the modifier, you pathetic piece of shit!

YOU ARE INCORRECT.

Tie wire doesn't make a flying f*ck what it is made of, because it is only there to hold the rebar in place until the concrete pour.

They all, in fact, rust through faster than any other element of a slab.

So I know more about THAT realm than you do as well, dipshit.

Reply to
life imitates life

Convenient ignorance of the fact that you were wrong about "vintage cars" noted.

Nice job of showing us how much more stupid you can be, once you have already been proven wrong.

Reply to
life imitates life

Yes. Total pieces of shit that get VERY poor gas mileage. Gore would have a field day with the level of ignorance that takes place over there as it relates to energy waste during distribution and consumption.

So, asswipe... are they 35 mpg green mobiles, or ancient, archaic even, piece of shit tanks that give off more CO2 than all the cows on the planet?

Reply to
life imitates life

Not likely, little old f*****ad. I work with mil gear every day, and I have for decades. I knew about lock wires and the industrial uses for it back in the late 60s at less then ten years old.

You are out of your league, Plowtard boy.

Reply to
life imitates life

I have been working in the industry for decades, you stupid f*ck. I did not need google to dunk your dumb ass in the stupid boy tank.

You DID need google to reinforce your stupidity about it.

Reply to
life imitates life

If they are marked "for use on piano wire", then they are NOT "standard side cutters".

The FACT that you have no clue about that basic fact settles the entire argument.

Reply to
life imitates life

The last 'gas' one was made over 40 years ago - oh one of small intellect.

You really do talk some bollocks.

Which make and model are you talking about? There are many. And which US cab does 35mpg while going about its normal business?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)