45-degree diagonal cutters?

Those goalposts are very noisy when moved...

Just admit your 'experience' - if any - is based on a tiny part of the industry and move on.
BTW, would you like a pic of standard side cutters marked 'for use on piano wire' ?
Would that make you shut the f**k up?
--
*A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking *

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:48:09 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

I have been working in the industry for decades, you stupid fuck. I did not need google to dunk your dumb ass in the stupid boy tank.
You DID need google to reinforce your stupidity about it.
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:48:09 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

If they are marked "for use on piano wire", then they are NOT "standard side cutters".
The FACT that you have no clue about that basic fact settles the entire argument.

If it looks like a dusk, quacks like a duck, there's a good chance it is a duck.
And they are perfectly standard good quality side cutters. The sort you've obviously never come across in the pound shop.

Sadly you seem to be unable to convince *anyone* reading here. Wonder what that says?
--
*Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:02:54 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

Then you lose, as your argument began with you jacking off at the mouth about testing cutters' efficacy with piano wire.
Goodbye, chump.

Sigh. It is a standard test for the quality of side cutters.
--
*It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:47:11 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

No, it is NOT. It is the test for SOME types of side cutter. Other types of even the highest quality side cutters are NOT EVER tested in such a manner.
Think of taking your best pocket knife or hunting knife blade edge, and press it against hard steel, and you'll fuck it up. Some side cutter types are not the pincer action you seem to have hard wired into your wee brain. The CUT through SOFT media. So you lost, asswipe. That is all there is to it.

Please give details of this type of side cutters. A URL showing pics would do nicely.
--
*Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot.

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:55:03 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

You are wrong, David. Face it, fucktard. You got it wrong, and you are wrong. Period. There are several classes of side cutter that do not ever get tested in the manner you describe. The fact that you are oblivious to this detail proves that you are a pussified troll wanna be at best. Either that, or you really are that stupid. You decide, Mr. Two Tone Twit.
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:02:54 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

I am not familiar with the shops you mention, nor am I familiar with the cutters you mention or claim that I am fond of, you goddamned dumb fuck liar, since I have been talking about Lindstrom cutters, which beat anything you have.

I have two pairs of Lindstrom cutters. But you've been talking about just anything that comes into your head. Where there's obviously lots of empty space.
--
*Why isn't there mouse-flavoured cat food?

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:49:04 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

You're a goddamned retard.
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:02:54 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

I did. You obviously did not.
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:02:54 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
I also know more about stainless steel than you ever will as well. My first job out of high school was polishing stainless plates 2 inches thick that got rolled up into huge food processing tanks. We did a lot of exotics as well.
I do not expect a ditz that thinks steel wire is the right test for side cutter efficacy to know what surface quality is about though, much less alloy composition.

Notice you haven't answered the point. But nice to know you went straight from school to an unskilled job. Did you polish the floors too?

You've already shown you don't know what stainless steel is.
--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long? *

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:51:54 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
I know more about stainless steel and other metals than you ever will.
On Feb 20, 12:44pm, life imitates life

On Feb 16, 7:13 am, "Wild_Bill" wrote: WB > [...] There's no need, or point for any typical WB > hostile anarchist replies. I don't play these games.
That's an interesting take on this "life imitates life" nym shifter. It would explain the "Always Wrong" moniker though!
I wonder if in real life he's really the angry radicalized sociopathic misfit he appears to be on usenet...

will
This has been a very useful thread. It has allowed me to quickly identify three posters who don't know what they are talking about, are are adamant in their stupidity, as well as obnoxious & rude. I just started following sci.electronics.repair, and kill-filing them seems to have cut down the noise considerably.
Doug White
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:02:54 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
I also know more about stainless steel than you ever will as well. My first job out of high school was polishing stainless plates 2 inches thick that got rolled up into huge food processing tanks. We did a lot of exotics as well.
I do not expect a ditz that thinks steel wire is the right test for side cutter efficacy to know what surface quality is about though, much less alloy composition.
On Feb 20, 6:11am, life imitates life

Food processing tanks with TWO INCH thick walls? Now EVERYBODY knows that you are an outright liar.
You are ineffectual twit and your own realization of that that frustrates and angers you.
This fuels your presentation as the angry radicalized sociopathic misfit you appear to be on usenet.
You are a cowardly nymshifter who can't face up to who you really are.