45-degree diagonal cutters?

AwlSome Auger wrote: AA > The lindstroms are not forged. They are AA > fully machined from ball bearing steel.
That's a strange way to pretend you have balls.
Did anybody else get the feeling that "life imitates life" is somehow getting a kickback from lindstrom?
LOL
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 14:53:56 -0800 (PST), Greegor

Nah, no one would actually pay someone to be AlwaysWrong.
Add pictures here
✖
On 2/10/2010 12:29 PM, DaveC wrote:

I picked up a barely used set of Lindstrom (Sweden)Model Rx 8142. I am not sure if the angle is more than 30 degrees, but very well balanced and cushioned. I have forbidden the family to use them! My other cutters look like they have been used for cutting iron nails!
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©
On 2/14/2010 8:14 PM, RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:

I guess the $6 at Skycrafters was well spent given the furor being raised over US industry buying these Commie Rolls Royce tools versus buying puke smelling Xcelite junk. Nothin' like the smell of Xcelite in the morning to go with your coffee!
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

Does that say something about you, or are you saying that the other members of your family were never properly educated on tool care? :-)
Add pictures here
✖
On 2/14/2010 11:46 PM, life imitates life wrote:

I think the concept of returning tools to the toolbox and using proper tools for the job is lost on certain other members of the family. I have given up training them.
--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

Cutting nails shouldn't worry a decent pair of cutters. But obviously smaller ones could bend if trying to cut a large nail. Small electronic cutters should only be used for that purpose. Larger electrician's type will survive lots of abuse if of good quality.
--
*The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese *

✖
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:16:28 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

You are an idiot, and a troll.
Piano wire is cut with a heavy shear, not a nip cutter. There are no nip style cutters made meant for steel with the exception of bolt cutters and they are a completely different animal. That is why a block shear cutter is used.
Add pictures here
✖

Try learning something about tools. It's a standard test to check the quality of side cutter jaws. There is no difference in principle between cutting any sort of wire.
If your favourite brand fails this go get a decent one.
--
*'Progress' and 'Change' are not synonyms.

✖
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:15:05 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

You're an idiot. There is a HUGE difference between pincer type cutting and shear cutting and both are used in the industry, dingledorf.

Wrong. It is the standard "destructive" analysis. There are other methods for testing the hardness without damaging the cutting face.
Also, they are not all tested that way. There are softer materials used for lighter duty work media, and they get tested differently.
As far as "what any cutter can do..." goes, the construction of the cutter determines its correct usage limits. regardless of any cutting edge hardness tests that may or may not have been specified or performed. Not only do the edges have to have specific hardness ratings, but the meat of the cutter jaws have to be designed heavy enough to be able to withstand the forces a given size and type of wire proposed to be cut by it, as well as the shock wave that traverses through the jaws at the moment the wire snaps and the cutting edge 'mating faces' close together.
THAT is for pincer type "cutters". Shear type is a different test standard. Not that you would know about such things.
I know more about tools than you ever will.
The FEA analysis on your skull comes back with a reading of "Hollow structure found... Analysis halted" Even the phrenologist nearly vomited.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

That's the whole point. They don't damage decent ones. I'm not interested in your cheap shoddy ones.
--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

✖
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 23:51:41 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

I was the one that suggested Lindstrom, you retarded fuck. So "my cheap shoddy ones" are far better than yours, if you have some other brand and I have yet to give them a once over. My opinion is the only one that counts.
Add pictures here
✖
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Dimbulb wouldn't be alive if his cheapskate dad didn't reuse the used condoms he fished out of a gas station toilet.
--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

Add pictures here
✖
life imitates life wrote:

Do they use a block shear to cut your hair, blockhead?
--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

Add pictures here
✖
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

A small pair of bolt cutters would be better for nails. Especially cut nails, made for masonry work.
--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 16, 7:13 am, "Wild_Bill" wrote: WB > [...] There's no need, or point for any typical WB > hostile anarchist replies. I don't play these games.
That's an interesting take on this "life imitates life" nym shifter. It would explain the "Always Wrong" moniker though!
I wonder if in real life he's really the angry radicalized sociopathic misfit he appears to be on usenet...
Add pictures here
✖

Shear type cutters would have to be vastly heavier to cut wire etc - they have a tendency to spring open when doing this. Bolt cutters are simply a heavy duty version of side cutters.
--
*People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head*

✖
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:06:01 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

A shear cutter for wire looks NOTHING like the shear cutter in your tiny brain, boy. You refer to a sheet metal shear. You are a stupid little twit. Shear cutter for wire is like the little screw cutter in the all purpose wire stripper/crimper/cutter tool you should be aware of.
Alas, you should also be aware of what the shear operation is. The fact that you obviously envisioned that I was referring to a pair of scissors tell us that you have very little grasp of the mechanics, much less the tools being used in the industry.
Add pictures here
✖

Don't use 'all purpose tools. You really should walk past that pound shop.

Have you moved on to production now? Different ball game.
--
*Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

✖
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:29:59 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

It was an example of the mechanism, dipshit. It has nothing to do with the tool suggested to examine for a dippy twit like you to understand the concept by.
Add pictures here
✖