45-degree diagonal cutters?

Does that say something about you, or are you saying that the other members of your family were never properly educated on tool care? :-)

Reply to
life imitates life

Cause their polymer formulation sucks compared to that which Sears uses.

Reply to
life imitates life

I never posted the puke comment. Has a cowardly sporger been putting words in my mouth?

I see that the original header from RFI-EMI-GUY's message shows some info about the message being replied to.

It looks like some coward is using eternal-september to sporge me.

snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org

Reply to
Greegor

Learn to read. He deleted all the text from your post, but left the header information. Typical of some careless posters.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Cutting nails shouldn't worry a decent pair of cutters. But obviously smaller ones could bend if trying to cut a large nail. Small electronic cutters should only be used for that purpose. Larger electrician's type will survive lots of abuse if of good quality.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are an idiot, and a troll.

Piano wire is cut with a heavy shear, not a nip cutter. There are no nip style cutters made meant for steel with the exception of bolt cutters and they are a completely different animal. That is why a block shear cutter is used.

Reply to
life imitates life

Try learning something about tools. It's a standard test to check the quality of side cutter jaws. There is no difference in principle between cutting any sort of wire.

If your favourite brand fails this go get a decent one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're an idiot. There is a HUGE difference between pincer type cutting and shear cutting and both are used in the industry, dingledorf.

Wrong. It is the standard "destructive" analysis. There are other methods for testing the hardness without damaging the cutting face.

Also, they are not all tested that way. There are softer materials used for lighter duty work media, and they get tested differently.

As far as "what any cutter can do..." goes, the construction of the cutter determines its correct usage limits. regardless of any cutting edge hardness tests that may or may not have been specified or performed. Not only do the edges have to have specific hardness ratings, but the meat of the cutter jaws have to be designed heavy enough to be able to withstand the forces a given size and type of wire proposed to be cut by it, as well as the shock wave that traverses through the jaws at the moment the wire snaps and the cutting edge 'mating faces' close together.

THAT is for pincer type "cutters". Shear type is a different test standard. Not that you would know about such things.

I know more about tools than you ever will.

The FEA analysis on your skull comes back with a reading of "Hollow structure found... Analysis halted" Even the phrenologist nearly vomited.

Reply to
MassiveProng

I think the concept of returning tools to the toolbox and using proper tools for the job is lost on certain other members of the family. I have given up training them.

Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

Sorry; I meant to snip out your message properly but didn't have proper tool!

Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

That's the whole point. They don't damage decent ones. I'm not interested in your cheap shoddy ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I was the one that suggested Lindstrom, you retarded f*ck. So "my cheap shoddy ones" are far better than yours, if you have some other brand and I have yet to give them a once over. My opinion is the only one that counts.

Reply to
life imitates life

A small pair of bolt cutters would be better for nails. Especially cut nails, made for masonry work.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Do they use a block shear to cut your hair, blockhead?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Dimbulb wouldn't be alive if his cheapskate dad didn't reuse the used condoms he fished out of a gas station toilet.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Shear type cutters would have to be vastly heavier to cut wire etc - they have a tendency to spring open when doing this. Bolt cutters are simply a heavy duty version of side cutters.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have a pair of twister pliers for lock wire. They are not actually meant to be use to CUT the wire either, even though they have side cutters incorporated into them. Any monkey knows how to flex fracture wire that uses a medium that work hardens. That is the right way to "cut" lock wire. In fact, one is supposed to use the side cutter to simply score the wire a bit, and then the number of flexes is reduced to just a few.

Reply to
life imitates life

A shear cutter for wire looks NOTHING like the shear cutter in your tiny brain, boy. You refer to a sheet metal shear. You are a stupid little twit. Shear cutter for wire is like the little screw cutter in the all purpose wire stripper/crimper/cutter tool you should be aware of.

Alas, you should also be aware of what the shear operation is. The fact that you obviously envisioned that I was referring to a pair of scissors tell us that you have very little grasp of the mechanics, much less the tools being used in the industry.

Reply to
life imitates life

On Feb 16, 7:13 am, "Wild_Bill" wrote: WB > [...] There's no need, or point for any typical WB > hostile anarchist replies. I don't play these games.

That's an interesting take on this "life imitates life" nym shifter. It would explain the "Always Wrong" moniker though!

I wonder if in real life he's really the angry radicalized sociopathic misfit he appears to be on usenet...

Reply to
Greegor

Don't use 'all purpose tools. You really should walk past that pound shop.

Have you moved on to production now? Different ball game.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)