45-degree diagonal cutters?

That explains things. Your father wired up your nuts with it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If it looks like a dusk, quacks like a duck, there's a good chance it is a duck.

And they are perfectly standard good quality side cutters. The sort you've obviously never come across in the pound shop.

Sadly you seem to be unable to convince *anyone* reading here. Wonder what that says?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You think they used stainless steel locking wire on vintage cars, do you? Are you just proving how wrong you can be?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nice try dimbulb.

Most people use the word 'stainless' to refer to one of several variations of 'stainless steel' alloy. You however seem to have your own definition and apply it to a lot more than just 'steel'. A 'steel' alloy has iron as the major component. Inconel (note the correct spelling), is more than 50% nickel and is not considered a 'steel' alloy at all.

Making up your own definitions is bound to get you into arguments. Why am I not surprised, you apparently are the same 'dimbulb' poster as others claim, just using yet another 'nym.

Monel, another group of alloys composed mostly of nickel, is also used for a lot of seawater applications. It too is corrosion resistant ('stainless superalloy' to you), but is not considered a 'steel' either.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

Here is your statement that 'soft steel does not get made into wire AT ALL'.

Yet Jason pointed out that 'tie wire' used in concrete rebar assembly is at least one instance of 'soft steel' being made into wire. It may not be 'lock wire', but it is 'wire'.

Now go on and rant for a while, we're done dimbulb.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

Oh boy! The Plowtard has no valid argument, so he reverts to utter stupidity.

Reply to
life imitates life

Wow. This proves your reading comprehension is at least grade 3.

Are you sure that is what it is? Or are you yet another dolt that "hears" something, then calls it "fact", all because your feeble mind "trusts" the source?

You are a true idiot.

Better check you terms, little boy.

I know more about all wires of all kinds than you ever will, f*****ad.

You were done the day you thought you were "the shit", and that day was likely decades ago, when your arrogant, yet obviously uneducated ass thought your Navy path made you better than every one of the kids you were around in school. That mindset is the very thing that made you LESS than every single one of them, and everyone else in the world as well. In that respect, yes... you ARE "the shit". Total shit, is what you are.

Reply to
life imitates life

ANY cab company that has brains enough to corral a compact car fleet, you stupid twit. That is basic common sense. And there are plenty of them too. You really are going south in your old age, OR you have always been this stupid.

Reply to
life imitates life

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean--nether more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be the master--that's all."

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for showing you know even less about cars than tools. No *proper* cab ever made averages 35 mpg in a large city like London.

But perhaps you live in the sticks and know nothing of such things.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Then you lose, as your argument began with you jacking off at the mouth about testing cutters' efficacy with piano wire.

Goodbye, chump.

Reply to
life imitates life

I am not familiar with the shops you mention, nor am I familiar with the cutters you mention or claim that I am fond of, you goddamned dumb f*ck liar, since I have been talking about Lindstrom cutters, which beat anything you have.

Reply to
life imitates life

I did. You obviously did not.

Reply to
life imitates life

I also know more about stainless steel than you ever will as well. My first job out of high school was polishing stainless plates 2 inches thick that got rolled up into huge food processing tanks. We did a lot of exotics as well.

I do not expect a ditz that thinks steel wire is the right test for side cutter efficacy to know what surface quality is about though, much less alloy composition.

Reply to
life imitates life

I also know more about stainless steel than you ever will as well. My first job out of high school was polishing stainless plates 2 inches thick that got rolled up into huge food processing tanks. We did a lot of exotics as well.

I do not expect a ditz that thinks steel wire is the right test for side cutter efficacy to know what surface quality is about though, much less alloy composition.

Reply to
life imitates life

Grow up, dumbfuck.

Reply to
life imitates life

You are behind the times. Plain and simple.

Reply to
life imitates life

Sigh. It is a standard test for the quality of side cutters.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have two pairs of Lindstrom cutters. But you've been talking about just anything that comes into your head. Where there's obviously lots of empty space.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Notice you haven't answered the point. But nice to know you went straight from school to an unskilled job. Did you polish the floors too?

You've already shown you don't know what stainless steel is.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)