Anyone here know the insides of a Clifford car alarm?

Clifford IntelliGuard 400 lost its intelligence.

A guy I met says that punks are taking those personal-protection "zappers" and putting them to cars' bumpers and zapping the alarm systems. Hmmm...

One morning the "armed" LED wasn't flashing as it usually does. Pressing Arm/Disarm button on remote didn't do anything. Opened the car with my key, alarm sounded. Pulled fuse.

Whenever I put the fuse back in, alarm sounds. I press the Arm/Disarm button on the remote, but it has no effect.

Battery in remote has been replaced recently, and LED on the remote flashes brightly when I press the Arm/Disarm button.

Any ideas what to check?

I'd also be interested in ways to protect such an alarm from another high-voltage attack.

Schematics available for this unit?

Anyone have a used one (any Intelliguard model)?

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

usually dry jionts in the pcb...or the solinoid stuck check over the pcb jionts and resolder

Reply to
johnnie7