b Re: Spiral Flourescent Failure - Fire

Forget the why. How the hell did you get the picture into the message.

Has anyone come across this? > > A spiral flourescent bulb is mounted with the spirals down (base up) in an > enclosed light fixture (the type designed for 60 watt bulbs with a > translucent 8" globe). > > After likely 2 years of use - it suddenly gives off a Chlorine like smell, > appears to melt on one side of the ballast, emits black soot and burns out. > > I have attached a 28 kb jpg photo of it & am wondering if this is an > abnormal condition. > > > >
Reply to
bushbadee

In Outlook there is an 'attach' button - I just used that.

It is much better to put it on the web and post a link. I'm surprised the OP was not flamed for posting it. John

Reply to
JohnR