Bank of Batteries ?

says...

Spurious Emission (AKA Dimbulb)? He's one of the chronic idiots on the engineering groups. He knows nothing but is fun to poke. His response is quite spurious.
--
Keith

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:49:25 -0700, Spurious Response posted:

You really ARE stupid!
I must admit I thought at first that you were merely an asshole, but there's no "merely" about it.
Spurious Response wrote:

Oh goody, I never get the chance to do this in aue:
WHOOSH!

--
Laura
(emulate St. George for email)

Proof that you yet another petty Usenet twit.
Do you also wear your pants down past your asscrack like the dipshit in school these days do?

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 15:25:04 +0100, Amethyst Deceiver
I wasn't talking about your sentence, you stupid twit.
Spurious Response wrote:

Then you should have written your comment under whatever you /were/ responding to. But that might be a bit tricky for you.
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 15:25:04 +0100, Amethyst Deceiver

Idiot. It is not a statement, of fact or otherwise, when it ends with "are you". Nice try though, twit.
Spurious Response wrote:

You're really not very bright. It was fun for an hour or two, but I'm busy now. Goodbye!
On 25 Jul 2007, LFS wrote

And doesn't that feel good!
(Alas, he/she/it's rapidly becoming an uninterestingly -- nay, boringly -- cross poster, doncha' think?)
--
Cheers, Harvey
CanEng and BrEng, indiscriminately mixed
LFS wrote:

"Throws up", indeed. (That's not an expostulatory "indeed. It's an agreeing-with "indeed.)
Cheers, Sage

You need to grow the fuck up, Chuck. You make me want to upchuck! You and the twit that wrote the shit.
Just so you know... I do get it. The reason I didn't is because I am not, nor was not cross... ever.
I am, in fact, laughing quite loudly at the utter stupidity exhibited by some of you.
Try reading the volume 31, number 7 issue of NASA Tech Briefs, and then you all can shut the fuck up about that which you know nothing about, save what you can cut-and-paste from a dictionary, and then declare as having known all along.
Spurious Response wrote:

I placed myself in the group called "electrical engineers": a small proportion of the population, but that says nothing about being "above others". Indeed, the fact that you are posting (I assume) from a.e.e. tends to suggest that there are some EEs who are complete dorks.
EEs are supposed to know this stuff. Other people might or might not know it, and that says nothing about them. The President of the USA probably doesn't know the difference between a battery and a cell, and he's smarter than ... OK, sorry, bad example. I'm quite certain, though, that if I bothered to search I could find, for example, an eminent and respected historian who doesn't know the difference.
By talking of the average Joe you're talking about a scale that's practically orthogonal to the technical vs non-technical axis. (If you don't know what "orthogonal" means, look it up.)

Harvey was talking about the newsgroup alt.usage.english, where we take careful use of language very seriously.

"Pedantic" is a compliment in these here parts, stranger.
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

Nice jab, dipshit. Missed the mark, however.

One that doesn't, should be doing something else.

No shit? That is true of practically any trivial fact.

Wow... you got one right.

Ooops... you have reverted back to total retard again.

A historian of battles, and scientific advances, and societal advances throughout history would know of major events in our timeline.
Not many at all, that did not also involve themselves with the scientific realms would, however, since our society set us up for that fall decades ago by incorrectly giving single cells the "battery" moniker, and never correcting the error.

Your IQ just fell ten more point, "professor". Why are you professing utter stupidity?

No shit. I knew exactly what the dope was referring to.

Except that he was incorrect in his pedantry.
I just can't wait for the flood of retarded kill file edit announcements from your group's "buddies", "plonking" me and then telling the world that they did.
The first act is pretty stupid. The announcement is even more retarded, but I am quite sure that some of you holier than thou twits will give us a show.
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:45:32 -0700, Spurious Response posted:

We tend not to do that in aue. Well, plonking yes, but we tend not to tell the plonkee about it. I would hazard a guess that 40 or 50 folks have already plonked you, mostly because they feel that poking the mentally deficient through the bars is needlessly cruel.

Like I give a fat flying fuck that some dumbfuck plonktard wants to filter his access to the world.
Sorry, but your "reason" is as immature and retarded as you are.
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:14:22 +0100, HVS posted:

Please don't feed the troll.
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:29:36 +1000, Peter Moylan

Parallel or series, if more than one cell is used, it STILL constitutes a battery. It makes no difference what the final voltage of a given configuration is. If it is a multiple cell configuration, it IS a battery. If it is a single unit, it IS a cell. There are no exceptions.
http://m-w.com/dictionary/battery
Spurious Response wrote:

Missed it by *that* much ...
Here's the pertinent excerpt from it:
also : a single cell that furnishes electric current <a flashlight battery>
--
Skitt
An EE by education, a programmer by trade, a retiree by choice.

Even then, when they were wrapped in card stock paper, they were "less obvious".
The fact is that the marketing arms of the manufacturers are to blame for the shift in what everyday folks call their portable, chemically based DC voltage sources.
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:29:36 +1000, Peter Moylan

Yes, and the convention IS that a single unit is a cell, and any array, whether packaged together or assembled together in their destination device is a BATTERY of cells.
THAT IS the convention in the electronics industry, and the rest of the world, as well as any in our realm that believe otherwise is faltering, not us.