Bank of Batteries ?

Spurious Response wrote:

I can just picture it. Your sister asks you to change the battery in her vibrator, and you refuse her this favour because she has used the word "battery" incorrectly. As a result she has to leave one prick and search for another.
When I was teaching potential young engineers, I would come down on them like a ton of bricks if they used technical jargon incorrectly _when it was important to be precise_. At the same time, if they said they had to log in to a computer I wouldn't complain that they were typing on a keyboard and not logging the operation in a log book. If they had to leave the laboratory for a leak, I wouldn't send them off to the Fluid Mechanics laboratory. The meaning of a word can depend on context. The importance of precision also depends on context. Using a 22 pF capacitor when it was supposed to be a 22 nF capacitor is a serious error when you're constructing an electronic device; but the difference is unimportant if you're constructing a sculpture out of used parts.
To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to use technical language, and a time to use plain English; a time to get a life, and a time to FOAD. When you have understood the difference, Grasshopper, you will be just a little closer to true wisdom.
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

She has to leave one fake, in search for another.

Dimbulb will never be on the same street as true wisdom but has market cornered on everything false.
--
Keith

Said the zero contribution, retarded yap dog that spends his time nipping at my heels.
snipped-for-privacy@cleansignal.org says...

Your contribution here is? (hint to newcomers to the engineering groups, his "contribution" is negative and always has been).
Dimbulb, you'll never change, or grow up.
--
Keith

Why the hell would a dimbulb use the handle "Spurious Response"?
--
Al in St. Lou

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Previous life. BTW, it's "Dimbulb" (proper noun).
--
Keith

Total bullshit, as authored by KeithTard.
snipped-for-privacy@cleansignal.org says...

No, the "total bullshit" *is* Dimbulb, Dimbulb.
--
Keith

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:27:57 +1000, Peter Moylan

Since a vibrator typically utilizes more than one cell in series, I think someone asking such a thing would be quite correct, as one does not change only a single cell in devices where a battery of cells are used.

Are you really so utterly stupid as to think that you are not a prick, dipshit? Also, I am not "with" my sister. She is over 3000 miles away.
That would be strike three for you, dumbfuck.
As a result of your post, you IQ has fallen another ten points. Keep it up, and plant life will be more intelligent than your retarded ass.
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:56:51 -0700, Spurious Response posted:

What a shame. Resorting to your hand, now, are you?

Maturity ranking one to ten... you rank less than a one, boy.
D'oh!
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:27:57 +1000, Peter Moylan

Yet another clue that you are likely a very poor teacher.
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:27:57 +1000, Peter Moylan

You probably do not even know the difference between "data", and "information".
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:27:57 +1000, Peter Moylan

Even though it DOES get logged, both on computers not on a network (logged locally), as well as those on a network. Instead of a log book, it gets added to a "log file" Can you really be that far off the mark of the very industry you claim to be an instructor in? Do you really have such problems with accepted industry terms?
Do you make it up as you go along, old man?
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:27:57 +1000, Peter Moylan

Keerimany! You are a legend in your own mind!
Get over yourself, old man!
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:27:57 +1000, Peter Moylan

You missed your calling. You should be walking a big city street corner with a "repent now" sign on.
You seem a "big dope" of the obvious. Need to know what "big dope" means? Watch the film "All of Me".
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:27:57 +1000, Peter Moylan

When you can pluck the reality from my hand, it will be time for you too actually have a clue, Asswipechunk.
snipped-for-privacy@DIESPAMMERSDIEpmoylan.org says...

Wow Peter! You tied a long-standing record. Dimmie posted eight responses to yours. Nice work! I'm still proud of seven, but you da man!
--
Keith

A masterful squelch. Nothing po about it. -- John
John O'Flaherty wrote:

Masterful, shmasterful, what is it in our egos that allows us to put a fist into these tar babies? You know that no argument, no matter how well constructed, will ever bring these people out of their insecurities and accept another argument.
A poster so paranoid that he can only dish out abuse behind a pseudonym is not worth the time. Time is our most valuable non-renewable resource. Don't squander it on these doofuses.