Bank of Batteries ?

On Jul 24, 8:28 pm, snipped-for-privacy@iname.com (Murray Arnow) wrote:

I agree it didn't suppress the spurs, but I enjoyed Peter's response for itself, so it didn't seem a waste of time. -- John

You missed the comma after "agree", dipshit.
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 01:28:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@iname.com (Murray Arnow) wrote:

The wisest advice.
--
Al in St. Lou

Damned shame that you cannot get a visit from the comfort kitty.

Sorry to break your immature bubble, little boy, but the subject under discussion was quite technical, as the context in which it was presented clearly stated.

Complete immaturity noted. Nice job, adolescent twit.
You prove that numerical age does not an adult make. Don't even think that I refer to anyone other than you.

You might have noticed that the traditional meaning of the word 100% proves my position on the subject.

Fuck off, you little 13 year old level mental midget.

Keep you profane self indulgences to yourself, dipshit. If you ever presented your "hard part", I would Bobbetize your retarded ass in a heartbeat.
On 25 Jul 2007, Oleg Lego wrote

One of the strangest things is the way this poster responds to each point that Peter makes by creating an entirely separate message.
I guess he hasn't realised that one can respond to more than one thing at a time -- or finds it all too frighteningly complex. (Or thinks Peter will read and respond to each one....nah, even "Multi- tasking R'nt Us" wouldn't be that deluded.)
--
Cheers, Harvey
CanEng and BrEng, indiscriminately mixed

Limited attention span, I figure.
On 25 Jul 2007, Oleg Lego wrote

Yes, probably, and also he seems to oh, look: a bird just landed on the window ledge.
Umm...where was I?
--
Cheers, Harvey
CanEng and BrEng, indiscriminately mixed

That's even somewhat scary.

Uh huh.
--
Al in St. Lou

You're a goddamned idiot, boy. Your mother should be imprisoned.

No, dipshit.... A read of a segment of some lame twit's baby bullshit, and a response to that baby bullshit.
If I can engineer a product and author several hundred pages of specifications for it, I can handle some dipshit's Usenet blather.

Fuck you. I do not have to utilize your lame paradigm for post responses.
You got a problem? Piss off.

Yet another E-1 grade retarded assessment from a total twit that should not even be making such assessments about others.
Straighten out your own house, dipshit.

More utter stupidity.

You are about as mature as a freshly laid turd.

While I'm not usually one to quibble, there are times when I allow a small indulgence.
I reckon if you monitor the terminal voltage of your battery/cell blackbox then as it reaches the end of its life you'll see, especially when on low load, that the terminal voltage drops in discrete steps as one by one the component cells die and become reversed. So you can discover the makeup of the power source inside the blackbox without x-raying it, ripping it open, etc.

John Savage wrote:

Where would Science be today without such dedication to careful experimentation?
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

A lot farther along than some would be"teacher" that is casual about how important proper terminology is when he instructs new entrants into the industry.

Try a dictionary then, not friggin google. Google is for popular items. I am quite sure that discussions on the meanings of words like battery garner few hits there. Hell, even wiki covers it right. There are more than one search engine out there, ya know.
http://m-w.com/dictionary/battery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery
Engineers and other folks in the industry with any brains at all have ALWAYS known the difference between a cell and a battery.
Consumers, on the other hand, have ALWAYS simply followed what was put in their face buy the industry. Some "battery" makers (cell makers) mark their packages correctly, some do not.
Hell, some even state it right in their brand name (DuraCELL).
Fact is, a single unit is a CELL. A pack of cells is a BATTERY.
So single cells are cells, and a nine volt, which is a stack of single cells in a single package IS a battery.
A car battery is a package of cells.
Some of us never experienced this confusion you seem to possess.

Not really -- a pack of cells is a pack cells. They could be made into a battery by connecting them together.
--
Alec McKenzie
usenet@<surname>.me.uk

A "pack of cells" such as that which would be found in a nine volt battery IS a battery, and they ARE connected together.
I don't need semantical baby bullshit. I was not referring to a blister pack of cells as would be found in a store, like you mentioned earlier.
We are talking about voltage sources, so the reference to "a pack of cells" would of course, be referring to their intended method of use, as in a four pack of cells in a camera... a battery.
A bunch of artillery pieces on a transport plane is still a "battery" even before it gets to its intended destination and actually gets set up as "a battery" of artillery pieces, however, the same is not true of a package of cells at the store. I do know the difference.
Also, even before one closes the "battery door" on a camera, the cells inserted into STILL constitute a battery, even before the door is closed, and they actually become connected together. So it is more about intended purpose or use, than actual configuration at the time of observation.
Sheesh.
On Jul 24, 8:49?am, Spurious Response
[...]

You do need some manners, though, and the calmness to read what Prof. Moylan actually wrote.